Archive

Viewing archived items for December 2012

Polygon

By CCP Alice

Connecting Dust 514 and EVE Online is 'absolutely the vision' for CCP Games

www.polygon.com

Gamasutra

By CCP Alice

Dust, EVE and CCP's new sandbox - EVE Online is a machine that allows players to create stories, and all its systems support that end. "It starts with the social structure -- corporations are the same in both games, so that PC and console can share the same shard from a design perspective, too."

www.gamasutra.com

Massively

By CCP Alice

Impressions of the New Eden Open - "The annual Alliance Tournament has always been the one opportunity I get per year to show my friends EVE and not get rolled eyes in reply. People who don't even play EVE tune in to watch spaceships explode, and I'll bet some of them go on to subscribe to the game."

massively.joystiq.com

MoMA.org

By CCP Alice

EVE Online included in Museum of Modern Art exhibit - "Are video games art? They sure are, but they are also design, and a design approach is what we chose for this new foray into this universe. The games are selected as outstanding examples of interaction design—a field that MoMA has already explored and collected extensively, and one of the most important and oft-discussed expressions of contemporary design creativity."

www.moma.org

WIRED

By CCP Alice

MoMA to Exhibit Videogames, From Pong to Minecraft - "Massively multiplayer games such as EVE will be brought to life through guided tours, built in conjunction with players and designers."

www.wired.com

VG247.com

By CCP Alice

EVE Online producer: "I don't ever want EVE to be nice and fluffy"

www.vg247.com

Eurogamer.net

By CCP Alice

As EVE Online Retribution expansion launches, CCP reveals master plan to make its famously impenetrable MMO accessible - "What we're going for is an easy to learn hard to master view towards what EVE is," he said. "We don't want EVE to become a super casual, very shallow not very complex game, but it shouldn't be impossible to learn how to get into the depths of what EVE is." - Exec Producer, Jon Lander.

www.eurogamer.net

Gamespy

By CCP Alice

EVE Online: Retribution Launches - Bounties, new crime system, and big combat tweaks hit the galaxy.

pc.gamespy.com

Massively.com

By CCP Alice

Everything there is to know about EVE Online's Retribution expansion - a full round up of feature articles from Massively's Retribution coverage.

massively.joystiq.com

Forbes

By CCP Alice

In An Age of Free-to-Play, EVE Online Sets Records - "But there's one game that's perplexing analysts as it not only is surviving using a paid subscription model, but thriving. That would be CCP Games' EVE Online, the space combat simulator which recently announced that it's broken 450,000 subscriptions for the first time in the games ten year history."

www.forbes.com

PC GamesN

By CCP Alice

EVE Online now has 450,000 subscribers; Chinese relaunch a success

www.pcgamesn.com