Rules of conduct for the public test servers
The two public test servers for EVE Online are Singularity and Duality. The former is more regularly accessible, while Duality is only opened for announced events . The focal point for player gathering on Singularity is 6-CZ49 and it's neighbor system PVH8-0.
Please note: Keep in mind that the primary purpose of Singularity and Duality is testing.
Below are the official rules concerning the test servers.
- No interfering with CCP, volunteer or player testing.
- Combat by consent only, except in the designated combat systems (6-CZ49 and PVH8-0, only on Singularity).
- Do NOT harass the BugHunters, Devs, GMs or Volunteers.
- Do not ask CCP Devs, GMs or BHs for skills, ships or items.
- No mass-dropping of items in space (control towers, warp bubbles, shuttles, POS modules etc). This can affect server stability and performance.
- Do not make mass market purchases or create oversized stacks of items. This can affect server stability and performance and will hinder other people's testing.
- Do not mass refine large numbers of ships or items. This can affect server stability and performance.
- Keep Local Communications in English. As with the forums, it is the common language for the testers.
- Selling items on the Test server for ISK on TQ is not allowed.
- No offensive language in public chat channels (including Local).
- The rules of conduct for the Tranquility server apply on the test servers as well (no offensive language, harassment etc).
Combat systems (6-CZ49, PVH8-0) specific additional rules
- No fighting or other aggressive actions within 500km of the station and gates (no targeted or AoE warp inhibiting modules).
- No capitals in PVH8-0. The system is cyno jammed and found capitals will be moved to 6-CZ49 or destroyed.
Rules concerning POS, sovereignty and conquerable stations
- The first person to put up a sovereignty-claiming tower in an unclaimed system (that has no sovereignty) is entitled to hold sovereignty in that system.
- Exceptions from the above rule: If the sovereignty claiming is done with malicious intent, i.e. to disrupt other players' testing, the right to sovereignty is void.
- If the sovereignty-claiming tower should go offline, the player loses the right to claim sovereignty in that system after the system becomes unclaimed again.
- No politics on the test server. Leave your Tranquility conflicts behind when you log on the test server.
- Claiming sovereignty in a system already claimed by another alliance is classed as griefing, disrupting of the test server and non-consensual combat.
- If a player gains ownership of a conquerable station he/she must NOT restrict access to that station and the station services in any way.
- The rule concerning non-consensual combat includes starbases and starbase structures. Do not attack starbases without permission from the owner!
- Severe breach of the rules will cause permabanning from the test server (including alt accounts).
- All other test server bans, unless otherwise stated, are until the next mirror.
- Harassing Devs, GMs, or BugHunter's on the #eve-chaos IRC channel in attempt to avoid a ban or have it lifted will result in ban extensions.