The Scope's Galactic Hour with Ret Gloriaxx brings your roundup of the latest news from all across New Eden amidst continuing geopolitical wrangling over rights in the Caldari-Gallente and Amarr-Minmatar warzones.
Intaki Assembly "Considering All Options" as Ishukone and Mordu's Legion Formally Decline to Renew Shipping and Security Franchise
Intaki, Placid – After two weeks of relative peace on Intaki V, the Intaki Assembly has been meeting with representatives from the Gallente Federation, Ishukone Corporation and Mordu's Legion to discuss the tendering and transition period for the Intaki system's federal shipping and security franchise. While it has been much speculated on for months, Ishukone and the Legion have now formally given notice that they do not intend to seek renewal. The Intaki Assembly is understood to be be consulting with the Federal Administration over "stopgap measures" in the short term.
Ishukone Corporate Counsel Majima Umokka said, "The Ishukone Corporation has long regarded our involvement in the Intaki shipping and security franchise arrangements as a remnant of a period where many mistakes were made. Ishukone Corporation is proud to have worked with Mordu's Legion to shield the Intaki people from the excesses of the criminal Heth regime, and the brutal realities of warfare carried out by so-called 'emergency militias', but there comes a time for all enterprises to reach their natural conclusion. Now is that time for Ishukone, and our partners in Mordu's Legion, in the matter of the Intaki system S&S franchise."
This latest news has unsettled many on Intaki V, coming as it does so soon after an uneasy peace was established on the planet following the departure of an expeditionary force of mercenaries and corporate security troops led by Lai Dai Protection Service. There are many units belonging to various private military companies remaining on the surface, although most of these are allied to Ishukone, Mordu's Legion or the Intaki Assembly itself.
There is also a sizeable combined contingent of Federal Marines and Federal Defense Union troops present at the major cities of Lenoika and Navyii Akat. Additionally, talks are still ongoing between the Intaki Assembly, protest organizations and "rebel Intaki Militia" to achieve peaceful disarmament and political amnesty.
Amarr and Minmatar Authorities "Exercising Restraint and Caution" as More Troops Move to Staging Zones on Borders of Militia Warzone
Yulai, Genesis – CONCORD's Conflict Monitoring Secretariat has noted that both the Amarr Empire and the Minmatar Republic "are in actuality continuing to exercise restraint and considerable caution with respect to the Amarr-Minmatar CEMWPA Zone, contrary to the impression given by rhetoric on both sides." However, CONCORD monitors continue to be concerned by the steady build up of troops in key staging areas around the periphery of the Amarr-Minmatar warzone.
The Amarr Empire's House Sarum has reportedly moved large numbers of transport ships, troops and planetary operations materiel to bases in the Bleak Lands, with Gammel and Myyhera believed to be the main staging systems. Additionally, there are reports of significant military traffic and logistical operations being run out of the core House Sarum system of Alkabsi in the Domain region.
Sources on the Alkabsi V Sarum Family Logistic Support station have described significantly increased security measures and the imposition of "restricted zones" in normally low-security docks and cargo-handling facilities. One eye-witness has told the Scope's Galactic Hour with Ret Gloriaxx that "huge numbers of Amarr mercenaries are staying in worker habitat units all over the station and there are slave-taker gangs sleeping on their ships in the restricted docks." Our source also repeated rumors that the infamous slaver Orlon Zashev has been commissioned by House Sarum to orchestrate the "Reclaiming of Floseswin IV."
Our exclusive source also revealed that: "The Shining Flame mercs are proper mentalists. This one time they held a 'naked bar' in the middle of Concourse Three, Blue Sector. You never seen anything like it, especially the business with the toilet paper!" Our source also commented that Order of St. Tetrimon troops are "big drinkers, proper tanks on them, but don't make trouble" and "the Red and Silver Hand's troops are very proper, very polite, but don't spend much, tight as a duck's arse, really."
The Minmatar Republic is also known to be moving significant special militia and ground-fighting troops into its own positions along the borders of the warzone, with Abudan and Amo serving as the focus of much of the open movements. It has also been reported that the Republic Command's Territorial Defense Guards, under Valklear General Kanth Filmir, have been working with the Republic Fleet and Tribal Liberation Force to support stabilization and security efforts in Minmatar-populated systems occupied by Amarr forces. Newly-appointed to his role as head of the Territorial Defense Guards, General Filmir is a veteran Minmatar warrior, formerly an admiral in the Republic Fleet and commandant of Molden Heath's regional defense militia.
In Other News
- Inner Circle Remains Deadlocked on Yulai Convention and Accords "Loopholes" under Emergency Militia War Powers Act
- Provost Marshal Kasiha Valkanir Briefing: "CONCORD Places a High Priority on Analyzing and Responding to Triglavian Stellar Manipulation"
- Sebiestor Tribal Marshals Confirm Bodies Found in Remote Tundra of Mikramurka Region; Locals Claim "Six Corpses Found with Datapads"
- Ammatar Governor Ekroz Salaf Awarded Cross of the Sacred Throne Order; Speculation that Imperial Favor Clears Way to Ennoblement
- Potential Gallente Presidential Candidates Mulling Chances as Federal Elections Finance and Security Measures Pass in Senate
- Lai Dai Corporation Announces Subcranial Nanocontroller Technology After Filing State Patents at Caldari Business Tribunal
- Mind Clash Worlds Champion YC121 Nadia "Silver Bear" Tanaka Given Executive Reception at Hyasyoda Arcospire Pinnacle Suite
- BREAKING: Minmatar Seykal Clan Forces Raid HZO Refinery Mineral Extraction and Processing Facility on Huola VI
- BREAKING: Seykal Claim "Execution of Overseers, Recovery of Tribal Resources and Liberation of Slave Workers"
- BREAKING: HZO Refinery Statement: "All Huola VI HZO Colony 3 Workers are Free Imperial Subjects from the Amarr Empire or Ammatar Mandate"
- BREAKING: House Sarum Vows "Swift and Crushing Response to the Theft, Kidnappings and Murders of the Huola VI Outrage"