Empires Urge CONCORD Assembly Action on New Eden Defense Fund Proposals
Yulai, Genesis – Debate in the CONCORD Assembly of a proposed "New Eden Defense Fund" in a weekend-long special session has been marked by strong support for action to bolster New Eden defenses against the Triglavian invasion and other threats.
The New Eden Defense Fund proposals outline an extensive program of works to improve planetary and colony defenses, and enhance the defensive and offensive capabilities of vital installations. The CONCORD Inner Circle referred the defense fund proposals from the DED and AEGIS to the full assembly, with a recommendation to set up the fund, but left details of sourcing the necessary monies to representatives of all member states.
AEGIS Provost Marshal Kasiha Valkanir reiterated in her statements to the Assembly the importance of survival technology for military personnel, advocating augmentation and personality backup wherever feasible. The DED's Star Marshal Kjersidur Elladall emphasized the importance of continuing to support capsuleer efforts through loyalty programs and support for accelerated training for those combating threats such as the Triglavians and Drifters.
The Amarr Empire and Gallente Federation have been particularly strong supporters of the proposals, with their extensive territories coming under repeated attacks by the Triglavians. Though defending more compact empires, the Caldari State and Minmatar Republic have also lent support to the measures but criticized Amarr and Gallente suggestions that all four empires share the financial burdens equally.
The Assembly is currently in closed session but is reported to be "thrashing out details of a formula that will spread fundraising fairly across New Eden's economies."
In Other News
- Quafe Corporation Joins Ishukone Case Against Onikanabo Brigade and Lai Dai Over Intaki V Crisis
- Condotta Rouvenor Troops Covering Intaki Militia Retreat to Positions Secured by Isuuaya Tactical PMC
- Mordu's Legion Secures Communications of Navyii Akat as Intaki Assembly Holds Conference with Federal Senate
- Chief Acassa Midular of Sebiestor Tribe Formally Insists on "Sundsele Six" Facing Trial by Tribal Peers
- Unrest in Mikramurka Region Subsiding as Sebiestor Clan Chiefs Appeal for Tribe to Support Chief Midular
- Reports of Khanid Royal Navy Buildup in Alpakian Constellation Ahead of Privy Council Meeting on "Fabai Claim"
- Royal Heir Arim Ardishapur and Governor Ekroz Salaf Arrive on Amarr Prime After Tour of Ammatar Mandate