This website is currently owned and operated by CCP, hf.
CCP, hf disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, or operability or availability of information or material contained on the Web site. CCP, hf. disclaims any responsibility for the deletion, failure to store, misdelivery, or untimely delivery of any information or material in respect to the web site. CCP, hf. disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from downloading or accessing any information or material on or thorough the web site.
CCP, hf. does not warrant or represent the information on this page or to which you may link from this page is in compliance with governmental laws or regulations.
THIS AGREEMENT WAS LAST UPDATED ON, 8th of March 2007.
YOU MUST BE 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO USE THIS WEB SITE. PLEASE READ OUR AGE REQUIREMENTS IN SECTION 3.3 OF THIS AGREEMENT UNDER WHICH PARENTAL CONSENT MAY BE REQUIRED UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT SET OUT IN THE PAGES BELOW BEFORE PROCEEDING.
This Agreement governs your use of this web site and all of its affiliated web sites and the services they provide (collectively, the “Web Site”). Please read it carefully before using the Web Site. By using the Web Site, you are consenting to the terms and conditions of the Agreement. If you do not consent to the terms and conditions of the Agreement, then do not use the Web Site. CCP, hf. may modify the terms and conditions of the Agreement at anytime. In such event, CCP, hf. will post the modified terms on the Web Site. The Web Site is controlled and operated by CCP, hf. from its offices in Reykjavik, Iceland and is intended for Icelander users only. CCP, hf. makes no representation that the materials on the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you access the Web Site from any non-Icelandic territory, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with any local laws.
We may use your email address to verify your identity, protect against fraud, and contact you. In addition, we may use it to send you updates about your user account, new products and services, and company updates. Otherwise, we will not request any personal information from you. Moreover, we ask that you refrain from submitting any personal information to the Web Site. Any information which is sent to the Web Site, however, is deemed a grant to CCP of a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive worldwide right and license to use, disclose, display, exhibit, perform, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, and distribute such Content or incorporate such Content into any form, medium, or technology now known or hereafter developed. Further, CCP shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in such information for any purposes whatsoever including but not limited to research, development, manufacturing, and marketing of products and other items incorporating such ideas. If you are not the owner of the Content submitted, you warrant that you have received all necessary consents from the owner of such rights. You will hold CCP harmless if any such Content submitted is in violation of any such rights.
Advertisers, or other CCP partners, may employ a third-party measurement service for tracking the performance of an ad program. In these instances, we have no control over the information collected by the third party, and may not be held responsible for the actions of the third party measurement service where collected information is concerned. CCP may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements on this site and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertisers may place or recognize a unique "cookie" on your browser.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site; or to protect our company and our Members. While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party "hackers" from illegally obtaining this information.
- 1. Definitions. In this Agreement, “you” and “your” refer to the user of the Web Site. The words “we,” “our” and “us” refer to CCP, hf. “Agreement” refers to the terms and conditions stated below, or as amended by us from time to time.
- 2. General. The Web Site includes a wealth of game related information, including comments, opinions, articles, advertisements, graphics, photographs, videos, forms and forums (collectively “Content”). We provide such Content as a service to our users; however, it is not intended to serve as a substitute for any professional advice, such as legal advice. We urge you to seek advice from a competent professional before taking any action based on the Content contained on the Web Site. CCP, hf. strives to provide you quality Content; however, we make no representation as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or suitability of such information. It is your responsibility to evaluate the information contained on this site. CCP, hf. will not be liable for any damages resulting from your use of the information on our Web Site.
- 3.1 The Content available through the Web Site is property of CCP, hf., or of it’s licensors or licensees (collectively “CCP”). This Content is protected by trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property laws. Information received through the Web Site may be reformatted, displayed, and printed for your personal, noncommercial use on the condition that you do not change, delete, hide, remove, or in any way make ineffective the trademark, copyright, or proprietary notices therein. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, rent, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes any portion of the Web Site, or access to the Web site. You agree not to create or establish, or direct any other person to create or establish: (i) a hyperlink, including but not limited to any deep link, to any page or location on the Web Site; or (ii) a frame containing any portion of the Web Site, on any other web site or text document with hyperlink capabilities. You are, however, free to establish a hypertext link to the main or top level web page of the Web Site from your home page, provided that the link properly attributes the Web Site to CCP and does not imply any sponsorship of your site by CCP or vice versa. You may not, however, create a link that incorporates or relies upon, in whole or in part, any content from any page on the Web Site, or that incorporates any copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property of CCP unless you obtain the prior written consent of CCP. Requests for permission to establish links to this site may be sent via email to [email protected] or to CCP at the address listed below.
- 3.2 If you download software, files and images contained in or generated by software, or data accompanying software (collectively referred to as the “Software”) from the Web Site then you are deemed to have downloaded such Software solely for your personal, noncommercial home use. CCP transfers neither the title nor the intellectual property rights to the Software upon the download of the Software. Rather, CCP retains full and complete title to the Software as well as all intellectual property rights. You may neither sell, distribute, redistribute, license, nor reproduce the Software, nor may you decompile, reverse engineer, or otherwise convert the software to human-perceivable form.
- 3.3 Important Age Requirements. By continuing to use the Web Site, you hereby represent to CCP that you are 13 years of age or older. The age requirements differ from country to country. If you are under 20 years of age, you may need to obtain the permission of your parent(s) or legal guardian to use the Web Site. We strongly suggest that you check your local, state, province, country or regional legal restrictions that may be applicable to your use of the Web Site. See our Parental Consent Page to find out how your parent can provide consent. For example, if you are under 20 years of age and live in Japan, you may need to obtain the permission of your parent(s) or legal guardian to use the Web Site. See our Parental Consent Page to find out how. In other countries like Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom, if you are under 18 years of age and live in one of these countries, you may need to obtain the permission of your parent(s) or legal guardian to use the Web Site. See our Parental Consent Page to find out how.
- 4. Modifications to Web Site. CCP reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Web Site (or any part thereof) from time to time, for any or no reason and without notice. You agree that CCP shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Web Site. The information and materials contained on the Web Site are subject to change.
- 5. Links to Third Parties. The Web Site contains links to web sites created and maintained by third parties. CCP does not endorse or recommend the content, products or services provided by any such third party web sites. You understand that CCP has no control over such third-party sites, and therefore is not responsible for the content of any such third-party sites or the content of any site linked to such third party sites. CCP shall not be liable for any damage or loss caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, products or services available on or through such third party web sites.
6. Chat, Bulletin Boards, and other Submissions.
6.1 The Message Board service enables you to participate in chat forums on various game-related topics. You may also post a message on the Web Site’s bulletin board. You acknowledge and agree that if you submit any Content to forums, you will be solely responsible for such Content. CCP will not be liable in any way for any such Content submitted. You further agree that you will not:
- I Submit any Content, which is harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, libelous or defamatory, encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liabilities, or is unlawful in any other way.
- II Submit any Content protected by intellectual property laws or by rights of privacy, unless you own the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights;
- III Submit any Content which contains a virus or other harmful components;
- IV Engage in activity that interferes with or disrupts the use of the Web Site by other users;
- V Submit any Content that encourages any illegal activities, or provides guidance or instructional activities about such illegal activities;
- VI Make any false representation, including impersonation of any person or entity or misrepresentation of your affiliation with any person or entity;
- VII Make use of Message Board for commercial purposes, such as advertising any products or services, reselling or publishing the information posted or transmitted.
- 6.2. CCP does not prescreen, monitor or edit the Content posted or submitted to Forums. However, CCP reserves the right to edit, limit or remove any such Content in its sole discretion. Notwithstanding, you shall remain solely responsible for any Content you submit or post.
- 6.3. CCP may establish procedures and practices relating to the use of and participation in Forums. Such procedures and practices may include limitations on the number of entries and the size of files that may be submitted, limitations on the number of participants in any chat room at any given time and the number of days messages on the bulletin board will be saved before deletion. CCP will not be responsible for any Content deleted by CCP or otherwise, or for your inability to submit any Content.
- 6.4. By submitting Content, via chat or any other means, to the Web Site, you grant CCP a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive worldwide right and license to use, disclose, display, exhibit, perform, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, and distribute such Content or incorporate such Content into any form, medium, or technology now known or hereafter developed. Further, CCP shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in such information for any purposes whatsoever including but not limited to research, development, manufacturing, and marketing of products and other items incorporating such ideas. If you are not the owner of the Content submitted, you warrant that you have received all necessary consents from the owner of such rights. You will hold CCP harmless if any such Content submitted is in violation of any such rights.
- 6.5. When participating in any bulletin board or chat room, you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, incomplete or unsuitable. You should use extra caution with respect to any Content posted or transmitted on a CCP bulletin board or chat room. CCP urges you not to take any action based on any such Content. CCP will not be responsible for the Content or accuracy of any information, and shall not be responsible for any acts taken or decisions made based on such information.
- 6.6. In consideration of CCP’s continuing efforts to enhance and improve the Web Site and its associated products and services and to respond to feedback from users, you agree to transfer such ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques to CCP without any compensation in return. You also agree to execute any and all documents that CCP may reasonably request in connection with confirming CCP’s ownership of and unlimited right to use such ideas, concepts, know-how, and techniques.
6.7. When submitting any comments in any form to the Web Site, whether it be via chat services, bulletin board services, customer feedback email, or the like you, are solely responsible for the content of any comments you make. You agree that no comments submitted by you to the Web Site will:
- I violate any right of any third party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, or other personal or proprietary rights;
- II be libelous or contain libelous or other otherwise unlawful, abusive, or obscene material, or constitute the misappropriation of trade secrets of any third party;
- III disparage the products or services of any third party; or
- IV contain any personal information (other than your email address or user name).
- 6.1 The Message Board service enables you to participate in chat forums on various game-related topics. You may also post a message on the Web Site’s bulletin board. You acknowledge and agree that if you submit any Content to forums, you will be solely responsible for such Content. CCP will not be liable in any way for any such Content submitted. You further agree that you will not:
- 7. Disclaimer of Warranties. CCP disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, or operability or availability of information or material contained on the Web Site. CCP disclaims any responsibility for the deletion, failure to store, misdelivery, or untimely delivery of any information or material in respect to the Web Site. CCP disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from downloading or accessing any information or material on or thorough the Web site. All materials, including, but not limited to, annual reports to shareholders and press releases reproduced on the Web Site speak as of the original date of publication. The fact that a document is available on the Web Site does not mean that the information contained in such document has not been modified or superseded by events or by a subsequent document or filing. CCP has no duty or policy to update any information or statements contained on the Web Site, and therefore, such information or statements should not be relied upon as being current as of the date you access this site. Moreover, any portion of the materials available on the Web Site may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes may be made from time to time without updates to either the Content on the Web Site or the Software and other products provided on the Web Site.
THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED OR LICENSED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOVEVER. ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PRORIETARY RIGHTS, ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CCP DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED ON THE WEB SITE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CCP DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR OTHER SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE WEB SITE OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED ON THE WEB SITE, AS WELL AS FOR ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH THE SITE OR THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED ON THE WEB SITE. CCP SIMILARLY DISCLAIMS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY WARRANTIES FOR ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEB SITE.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGHT THE USE OF THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OF THE WEB SITE IS AT YOU OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO OR CLAIMS IN RESPECT THEREOF, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS IN THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties.
8. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL CCP, OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES OR SUBSIDIARIES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DMAGES, LOSSES OR EXPENSES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, DISCLOSURE OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, LOSS OF PRIVACY AND LOSS OF USE, ARSISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE OR USE THEREOF OR INABILITY TO USE BY ANY PARTY, OR INCONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR SYSTEM FAILURE, EVEN IF CCP, HF, OR AFFILIATES THEREOF, ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, LOSSES OR EXPENSES. IN ADDITION, IN NO EVENT WILL CCP, HF BE LIABLE FOR ANY ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY THIRD PARTY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY PROVIDER OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS SERVICES, INTERNET ACCESS OR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE OR FOR ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND ITS CONTROL INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FIRE, FLOOD OR OTHER NATURAL DISASTER, WAR, RIOT, STRIKE, ACT OF CIVIL OR MILITARY AUTHORITY, EQUIPMENT FAILURE, COMPUTER VIRUS, OR FAILURE OR INTERRUPTION OF ELECTRICAL, TELECOMMUNICATIONS OR OTHER UTILITY SERVICES.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. In such jurisdictions, the foregoing limitations may not apply to you.
9. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless CCP and its affiliates and subsidiaries from and against any claims arising out of or relating to:
- (i) Content you submit, post to or transmit through the Web Site;
- (ii) your connection to the Web Site;
- (iii) your violation of this Agreement; or
- (iv) your violation of any rights of any person in connection with the Web Site.
- 10. Governing Law. THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ICELAND, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO THE CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OF SUCH STATE
- 11. Amendments. The terms of this Agreement may be amended by CCP from time to time. In such event, CCP will post the amended terms on the Web Site. If you use the Web Site after we post such a change on the Web Site, it will constitute your agreement to the revised terms. You may terminate this Agreement by not using the Web Site if you do not agree with any such amendment.
- 12. Termination. CCP, may suspend or terminate your use of the Web Site at any time, without notice for any reason and accordingly deny your access to the Web Site. CCP has sole discretion in determining whether to terminate your access to the Web Site. You may also terminate your own use of the Web Site by refraining from using the Web Site. Upon the termination of your use of this Web Site, whether termination is by CCP or according to your own discretion, you must promptly remove, delete, or destroy all materials downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Web Site, as well as all copies of such materials, whether made under the terms of the Agreement or otherwise.
- 13. Assignment. You may not assign the Agreement to any other party. CCP may assign the Agreement to any current or future, directly or indirectly, affiliated company and to any successor of CCP. CCP also may delegate certain rights and responsibilities under the Agreement to independent contractors or other third parties.
- 14. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the full agreement between you and us related to the use of this Web Site. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect. We may choose not to exercise or to delay enforcement of any of our rights under this Agreement without losing them. Use of the Web Site will constitute your signature to this agreement and evidence that you have read, understand, accept and agree to the terms of the Agreement. You may print a copy of this Agreement for your records.
The Content on the Web Site is protected under Iceland, U.S., and foreign copyright, trademark and other laws. All the Content is the property of CCP, its content suppliers, or its affiliates. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part. CCP authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the Content for your personal, non-commercial use. No copyright is claimed as to any material in the public domain, such as United States federal, state or local government information.