CCP Event Code of Conduct
CCP is firmly committed to providing a welcoming, friendly and above all, safe experience for participants and attendees at all our events. Your ethnicity, religion, gender, ability, socioeconomic status, sexual preference, or country of origin should not be a factor in whether you are able to enjoy being part of our events. This Code of Conduct outlines behavior we encourage during our events as well as unacceptable behavior and its consequences. We ask you to consider the following.
1. Expected behavior
- Please be respectful and considerate to other attendees.
- Please refrain from any discriminatory, harassing or demeaning speech or behavior.
- Please be mindful of your surroundings and those of your fellow attendees.
- Please alert CCP staff and/or event organizers should you notice a potentially harmful or dangerous situation, someone in distress or an altercation taking place.
2. Unacceptable Behavior
In general, unacceptable behavior includes intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech or actions by any attendee at a CCP-related event or activity. Harassment includes: offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, age, physical appearance, body size; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces; deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
CCP will not tolerate this kind of behavior, nor more specifically any:
- Physical or verbal abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates apprehension in a person, as determined by CCP in our sole discretion.
- Possession of any item that can be used as a weapon, which includes anything that may cause danger to others if used in a certain manner.
- Any offensive behavior or language, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Possessing any illegal substance, including all forms of narcotics.
- Smoking, other than in designated areas.
- Damage or destruction of property owned by CCP or the venue.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior.
- Personal intimidation and offensive verbal comments on the social media accounts of attendees as they relate to CCP events and the CCP community.
- Taking photos of individuals and/or posting their likeness on social media without their permission, implicit or explicit. We admit this one is tricky: we fully support taking photos at the event and sharing them, but please use your best judgement when posting photos of people you do not know.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the venue.
3. Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
CCP will not tolerate unacceptable behavior, whether by other attendees, media, speakers, volunteers, organizers, venue staff or sponsors. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If an attendee engages in unacceptable behavior, CCP may take any action deemed appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund, and reserving the right to ban the individual from attending future events and - in extreme cases – the right to ban the indivdual from the use of CCP products and access to user accounts.
4. If You Witness or Are Subject to Unacceptable Behavior
If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a CCP staffer or organizer as soon as possible. Whenever reasonably possible, CCP staff will be available to help attendees contact venue security or local law enforcement, to provide escorts, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the event. You can report unacceptable behavior to any CCP employee.
5. If You Are Accused of Unacceptable Behavior
If you feel as if you have been unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, please notify CCP immediately and provide a concise description of your side of the story. You may notify CCP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We expect all event participants (staff, sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, and other guests) to abide by this Code of Conduct at all venues and related social events.
7. Contact info
CCP can always be contacted about our Code of Conduct at email@example.com.