Hello insightful capsuleers!
At the Ship and Module Balance presentation during Fanfest 2017 we discussed the plans for a major rebalance of Tech 3 Cruisers this summer. This segment is available for viewing on our YouTube channel if you missed it.
Following the example of the successful Tactical Destroyer focus group, we are opening applications for a new Strategic Cruiser Focus Group to help refine and improve the designs for this T3 Cruiser rework.
The goal of the group will be to provide CCP feedback from a smaller group than the general EVE community for faster discussion with improved clarity. We want the group to be composed of experts from a wide variety of gameplay styles impacted by Strategic Cruisers so that we can hear as many relevant perspectives as possible. We will be aiming to form the focus group with between 10 and 15 members.
- We will use this forum thread to accept applications from players who wish to participate in the focus group
- The decision on which players are invited to the focus group will be made by CCP, with strong consideration given to recommendations from CSM members
- Active CSM members are all welcome to join the focus group either as participants or observers if they wish
- This focus group will not receive any secret information and therefore will not be required to sign any NDAs
- The logs of the channel automatically be published to the public for transparency. Everyone can see what is being discussed, but only focus group members and CCP devs can actually talk in the channel
- When selecting focus group members, we will be looking for people who can demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and provide reasoned and calm feedback. We also want the members to have significant experience flying the Strategic Cruisers and to have strong knowledge of EVE gameplay, fittings and balance
- The focus group will take place in a Slack team, so members will need to be able to use Slack
- The focus group will operate in English, so although members of all nationalities are welcome they must be able to clearly communicate in English
If you think that you would make a good fit for this Focus Group please post in this forum thread explaining why you think you would be a good fit. In your forum post please make sure you provide the explanation of why you think we should consider you for the focus group. Mentioning the kind of T3 Cruiser gameplay you are most familiar with can help us pick a group that contains a wide variety of perspectives.
Thanks, and we hope many of you will apply to join us for this focus group!
-Team Five 0