This year, Fanfest is going to be even more focused on the most important part of EVE Online – our awesome community and the bonds that develop between wingmen during their time spent in New Eden.
With this in mind, we are happy to announce that for the first time in the twelve year history of Fanfest, we are hosting an Alliance Prize Draw for Fanfest 2016.
To be eligible, alliances need to have a minimum of 10 registered attendees who have stated their alliance affiliation when they purchased tickets through our Fanfest ticket sales page on Eventbrite. If an alliance reaches 20 confirmed attendees, then the chance of a win will double.
If you didn’t enter your alliance affiliation when you purchased a ticket, fear not!
Every ticket holder who purchased their tickets can add their alliance information by logging into Eventbrite and doing so. A login link is featured on the ticket purchase confirmation e-mail that attendees are sent when they purchase their EVE Fanfest 2016 ticket.
If you experience issues logging into Eventbrite, you can contact Eventbrite support for help on how you can add and edit information you’ve submitted when you purchased your ticket. You can also contact Fanfest support for assistance with this too.
A Competition? Prizes?!
With great competitions, come fun prizes. Here’s what’s up for grabs for the winning alliance at Fanfest 2016.
- An exclusive VIP section at the Party On Top Of The World stocked with “adult beverages” at Fanfest 2016.
- Your alliance’s flag will be flown in front of Harpa, the Fanfest venue, for the duration of Fanfest 2016.
- EVE Online memorabilia signed by the EVE Dev Team for each attending alliance member.
- A selection of the EVE Fanfest 2016 special brew for each attending alliance member.
- A group guided tour of CCP Headquarters in Iceland for all attending members of the alliance.
A runner up alliance will also be selected, with their alliance flag also being flown outside the Fanfest venue for the duration of Fanfest 2016. In addition to this, the runner up alliance will also receive a group guided tour for all member of their alliance attending Fanfest 2016.
Rules & Regulations
With great competitions, also come rules and regulations (the lawyers made us do it!). Here’s more details on the technical side of the contest and what you need to know.
- Purchase of you EVE Fanfest 2016 ticket must be made by 11:59 UTC, Monday March 21st 2016, to be eligible and counted in the prize draw.
- Only EVE Fanfest full conference tickets are eligible and will be counted. Sisters of EVE, Charity Evening, Pub Crawl and other extra event tickets are not part of the competition and won't be counted.
- Only alliances that have 10 or more full EVE Fanfest 2016 conference tickets are eligible for the prize draw.
- Alliances that have 20 or more full EVE Fanfest 2016 conference tickets will double their chances and have two entries in the prize draw.
- The winner alliance and the runner up alliance will be chosen among eligible entries by a random drawing at CCP studio in Reykjavik, Iceland at 13:00 UTC March 22nd.
- We will announce the winners March 23rd, 2016.
- Every alliance member must be able to submit an e-mail with their Fanfest 2016 ticket purchase through Eventbrite to be eligible and to claim their prize.
- We will notify the winners via the email address they registered when purchasing their EVE Fanfest 2016 ticket through Eventbrite.
- The prize will be claimed at Harpa, Austurbakki 2, 101 Reykjavik at 12:00 UTC, Thursday, April 21st.
- Winners must claim their prize by 23:59 UTC on Thursday, April 22nd.
- CCP reserves the right to use the names of winners for promotional purposes.
- EVE Fanfest 2016 tickets are non-transferable.
- The prize does not include flights, accommodation, tickets to Fanfest 2016 or tickets to any additional events of or connected to EVE Fanfest 2016. CCP makes no warranties with regards to the prize, the prize is not transferable and the wnner has no right to substitution (in currency or otherwise). CCP reserves the right to substitute the prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability.
- CCP reserves final discretion on making the awards, as well as the right to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the administration of this prize draw.
- Winners must be 21 years of age and be able to provide valid ID to claim their prize once at EVE Fanfest 2016. Directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents (and their immediate families and household members) of CCP, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, are also not eligible.
If you haven't gotten hold of your tickets for Fanfest 2016 yet, you can head on over to the Fanfest Website for more information about the event, and to grab tickets while you still can!