EVE Online News

Archive

Viewing archived items for April 2009

Querious - GoonSwarm Resecure H74-B0

By Svarthol

H74-B0, Querious - Following days of heavy fighting over control towers in the GoonSwarm-controlled system of H74-B0 in Querious, GoonSwarm and their allies were verified as being in complete control of the system in the evening of the 29th. Initially, according to AJ Regard of FinFleet (KenZoku), a KenZoku and allied forces fleet of approximately 170 people formed up in F-NXLQ system, while their friendlies, Against ALL Authorities and their allies rallied a force of 120 pilots in the adjacent ...

Read full post

Piracy Continues to Plague Wormhole Explorers

By Svarthol

Mannar, Everyshore - While the discovery of wormhole space has opened up opportunities to accumulate great riches, those who seek to exploit their discoveries would be wise to never let down their guard. With the discovery of so many untapped new systems, many capsuleers have sought to capitalize on these remote locations, travelling ever deeper in search of wealth via massive industrial efforts.

Read full post

The Dust Has Settled

By Svarthol

Writing for the Interstellar Correspondents, Verone shares his thoughts on the impact of wormholes and the new technology that has been discovered inside them."When I first woke on March 10th, I thought half the capsuleer community had gone insane after connecting to GalNet and hearing news of Seyllin.

Read full post

Wormhole 'Hub' Sold for Ten-Billion ISK

By Svarthol

Total Comfort Alliance [COMFY] claims they have sold the location and intelligence of a wormhole system they had based out of until recently for 10 billion ISK. In a GalNet release, the alliance states, "The buyer [received] all the intelligence we have on the system, what tends to [reside] there, how the encounters work, etc." The release outlined how Total Comfort Alliance spent a significant amount of time and effort seeking a suitable wormhole system.

Read full post

Sons of Tangra Defend Fountain as Puppet Masters Fragment

By Svarthol

Fountain - The recent Puppet Masters [PMS] assault on the Fountain region has come to a grinding halt in the face of heavy resistance from Fountain residents including Sons of Tangra [SOT] and elements of Pandemic Legion [PL].The assault, staged from a beachhead in D4KU-5, saw the Puppet Masters make a bid for swathes of Fountain with support from Force of Evil alliance.

Read full post

Fighting Intensifies In and Around Etherium Reach

By Svarthol

ZZ5X-M, Etherium Reach - Morhus Mihi [RAWR], Majesta Empire [ME], The Initiative. [INIT.], Imperial Republic of the North [IRON], Wildly Inappropriate [WI.], Red Alliance [RED], GoonSwarm [OHGOD], Sc0rched Earth [BYRN], and United Legion [UNL] have been at war with the Intrepid Crossing [IRC] and Ethereal Dawn [ED] alliances for the past several weeks.

Read full post

Capsuleer Circumnavigates New Eden

By Svarthol

Great Wildlands - A capsuleer pilot has completed a successful circumnavigation of New Eden with his ship surviving the journey intact. DevilDogUSMC of H E L I C O N Alliance travelled clockwise around the entire cluster over four days, following a route made up of some one hundred and eighteen individual waypoints and making no less than five hundred and two jumps in his Helios class covert ops frigate. When asked why he chose to make such a long and potentially perilous journey, DevilDogUSMC ...

Read full post

Celestial Apocalypse Closes Operations

By Svarthol

Fountain - CEO Darth Solo announced that the veteran combat corporation Celestial Apocalypse [CELES] will be closing. One of the early anti-pirate corporations of New Eden, [CELES] were also the original founders of the defunct Insurgency [INSRG] alliance which at one time boasted 3,000 pilots and "took on the might of Northern Coalition and downed a RAZOR[-RZR-] titan." Darth Solo states that [CELES] was originally formed five and a half years ago as an avenue for New Eden's capsuleers to purs...

Read full post

Mens Reppola Made Ishukone CEO, Charts Future Course

By Svarthol

Malkalen – In a unanimous decision, the Ishukone board has voted to install Ishukone Watch CEO Mens Reppola as the company's new CEO. Natasha Ogemi, whose illness many thought might postpone the decision, evidently cast her vote from her hospital bed. Following the announcement, Reppola addressed the corporation on every Ishukone broadcast network, where he promised to “honor the legacy of Otro Gariushi.” “Since the earliest days of the Caldari State, in the throes of our war of independence, Is...

Read full post

Mens Reppola Made Ishukone CEO, Charts Future Course

By Svarthol

Malkalen – In a unanimous decision, the Ishukone board has voted to install Ishukone Watch CEO Mens Reppola as the company's new CEO. Natasha Ogemi, whose illness many thought might postpone the decision, evidently cast her vote from her hospital bed. Following the announcement, Reppola addressed the corporation on every Ishukone broadcast network, where he promised to “honor the legacy of Otro Gariushi.” “Since the earliest days of the Caldari State, in the throes of our war of independence, Is...

Read full post

Tribal Issue Tempest Raffle Opens

By Svarthol

Amarr, Domain - Industrialist and philanthropist Chribba is raffling a Tempest Tribal Issue with a complete set of Republic Fleet issue fittings to the capsuleer community. There are currently thought to be only four Tempest Tribal Issues in existence, at least one of which is owned by Entity, an avid collector of rare ships and other curios.Originally commissioned by the four ruling tribes of the Republic (Brutor, Sebiestor, Krusual and Vherokior), the Tribal Issue Tempests in the hands of cap...

Read full post

Mens Reppola Announces 5% Stake In Ishukone

By Svarthol

Malkalen – Mens Reppola, speaking from Ishukone Watch headquarters in Malkalen shortly after trading closed, announced that he is now the owner of five percent of Ishukone shares. “I have taken this step because I believe, like my friend Otro Gariushi did, in putting my money where my mouth is,” he told reporters.

Read full post

Mens Reppola Announces 5% Stake In Ishukone

By Svarthol

Malkalen – Mens Reppola, speaking from Ishukone Watch headquarters in Malkalen shortly after trading closed, announced that he is now the owner of five percent of Ishukone shares. “I have taken this step because I believe, like my friend Otro Gariushi did, in putting my money where my mouth is,” he told reporters.

Read full post

Trouble explaining the "EVEness" of EVE?

By Svarthol

Got some friends who are curious about EVE but you just can't wrap your head around how to describe it to them? Know someone just about to get into the game who could use a helping hand? Destructoid recently featured a great article that explains the unforgiving nature of EVE and what sets it apart from other games.

Read full post

Farewell Foundati0n

By Svarthol

Great Wildlands - Foundati0n's [FDN] April 10th disbanding marked the end of an era for many residents of Great Wildlands. Known for its longevity, rare NRDS (not red don't shoot) policy, and many memorable campaigns, [FDN] will not soon be forgotten by many citizens of New Eden. As earlier reported, the alliance came to a close earlier this month when Lord Maldoror removed the majority of [FDN]'s corporations.

Read full post

Mixed Reactions to the CPD Reform Plan

By Svarthol

Nonni - The Chief Executive Panel has been embroiled in debate over the Caldari Providence Directorate's proposed military reforms for the last few days. While most of the patriot bloc delegations have backed the proposal, it is coming up against stiff resistance from the other members of the Panel. Lai Dai was quick to back the proposal.

Read full post

Mixed Reactions to the CPD Reform Plan

By Svarthol

Nonni - The Chief Executive Panel has been embroiled in debate over the Caldari Providence Directorate's proposed military reforms for the last few days. While most of the patriot bloc delegations have backed the proposal, it is coming up against stiff resistance from the other members of the Panel. Lai Dai was quick to back the proposal.

Read full post
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next