It has been a while since I have written a dev blog for EVE Online as I have been working hard on DUST 514. I come now to bring you information on a special little project I have been involved in on the capsuleer side of things. Before Christmas 2012 I was involved the project that brought you all the the special edition assets such as the Boots.ini boots, the deactivated station key, a tank of honor, the New Eden Open cards, and lots more. These items, all of which had no gameplay value and are just things to collect were received immensely well. With that in mind and the upcoming Second Decade Collector's Edition box set we wanted to do more of them. Our desire to do more lined up perfectly with the new collector's edition celebrating the first decade of EVE Online. So with that in mind I bring you the Time Capsule full of Memorabilia.
Alliance Tournament All Star Cards
The now yearly Alliance Tournament has become a growing part of EVE and it's history. The champions of each tournament have always gained extreme prestige and often respect for their performance. These victors along other teams within the tournament generate amazing stories that are told for years to come. We want to preserve that permanently within EVE, let others see this history, and of course give players something more to collect. Here is a sample of some of the cards you can expect to see:
- Alliance Tournament I: Band of Brothers:In claiming the title of the first ever Alliance Tournament Champions, Band of Brothers began the first great Tournament dynasty. They would remain undefeated in tournament play for the next two years.
- Alliance Tournament III: Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate:The Guiding Hand Social Club and Tyrrax Thorrk have flown in the Tournament under multiple alliance banners. They have had a strong presence in the Alliance Tournament from the beginning, including a semi-final performance for their Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate team in the Second Alliance Tournament. However it is their ATIII IAC team that made the biggest mark on history. Building their core strategy around cap warfare supported by the massive capacitor pool of a rare and priceless Apocalypse Imperial Issue, IAC made short work of most opponents until facing off against Cult of War who managed to counter the IAC nosferatu and destroy the Apocalypse Imperial Issue to the amazement of the crowd. No Tournament team before or since has put such a rare ship on the line in their pursuit of victory.
- Alliance Tournament VII: Pandemic Legion: Firmly establishing themselves as one of the great Tournament dynasties, Pandemic Legion appeared to effortlessly push aside their competition in the Seventh Alliance Tournament, punctuated by masterful use of the underrated stealth bombers.
In total there are 20 tournament cards and each collector's edition will receive all 20 cards.
These items again focus on the game's history.
- A piece of Steve
- Band of Brothers Director Access Key
- Lost reminder to pay sov bill
- Press pass to Prometheus Station opening
- Assassination Contract: Mirial
- Premier ticket for: The last G campaign
- Premier ticket for: Clear Skies
- Premier ticket for: Day of Darkness
For an example of what the descriptions look like:
- Premier ticket for: Clear Skies: Clear Skies is a three part story created by director John Rourke. Upon the initial release of Clear Skies on May 29, 2008 John Rourke had this to say: "Two years of my hard work culminated in this, I'm very proud of it and I hope you like it." A year later New Eden was graced with the release of Clear Skies 2 on May 10, 2009. It would be another two years until the finally, Clear Skies 3, was released on May 29, 2011; 3 years to the day from when the first Clear Skies was released. Unfortunately for those wanting more Clear Skies John Rourke announced that Clear Skies 3 would be the last and final film in the series.
- A piece of Steve: Metal scrap retrieved from the destroyed Avatar class Titan named Steve. Constructed by the Ascendant Frontier (ASCN) capsuleer alliance with final construction completed on September 9th 2006. Steve was the first ever Titan vessel to be constructed and piloted by a capsuleer. It's primary pilot was CYVOK, ASCN's executor. Steve was eventually destroyed by the Band of Brothers capsuleer alliance on December 11th 2006 at 18:36 in the C9N-CC solar system.
It makes me incredibly happy to not just be able to make these items but to go to the length of ensuring as many characters, alliances, systems, and ships are correctly linked so that as you read their descriptions you can see the faces of the players involved.
All of these items have had custom icons made and can be seen on Tranquility right now. If you purchase the collector's edition you will find a code within the box which can be redeemed and will include all of these items.
Thank you all for an amazing first decade and I hope you all enjoy these as much as I did making them.
p.s. while we did our best to ensure all the information contained in the descriptions is accurate if you find something wrong please file a bug, explain what is wrong, if at all possible provide a link to a source that shows the correct information, and mention CCP FoxFour. I will do my best to get it corrected as quickly as possible.