In 2008 CCP instituted the EVE Online® Buddy Program, which allowed EVE players to more easily introduce their friends to the vast landscape of New Eden.
Since then the buddy system has gone through several iterations, with the addition of the Open URL system and some changes to rewards along the way. Open URLs allow players to reach more of their friends by sharing their invitations on public websites and forums.
Thanks to the participation of the EVE community, the Buddy Program has been an overwhelming success, with countless new players joining the game via a buddy invite. We continue to listen to feedback and iterate on the Buddy Program to better serve players now and in the future.
For a long time players have asked if they could have a similar system to re-invite friends that used to play EVE Online but have left the game for one reason or another. The Recall Program is the first step.
The Recall Program will allow current subscribers to grant seven (7) days of free game time to previous subscribers who been unsubscribed for six months or more. This will allow you to reach out to those players that you used to play with or against, and give them a way back into the game.
It is our ongoing mission to reduce the barriers for players joining – and rejoining – EVE Online so you can continue creating more unforgettable experiences together.
You should consider this program a beta test of the system; the rewards and requirements may change based on the feedback we receive from you.
How it works
If you are a current subscriber, you can log in to http://secure.eveonline.com/recallprogram/ and begin sending 7-free-days invites.
You can create two types of Recall Program invites:
Create a personalized URL that can be posted anywhere on the internet or sent directly to your friends. Anyone who uses your URL to claim their free days will be linked to your account.
2. Character invite
If you don't have your friend’s contact information, you can also send them an invite by entering their EVE Online character name. We will check if this character is eligible for the 7-free-days offer. If they are, we’ll send them an email with your URL and character name.
Please note you can send only one invite to any character. This is to minimize abuse of the communication method.
Eligible recipients can use a Recall Program invites to apply seven days of free game time to their account.
The Recall Program will also offer incentives to players who recruit their friends back to EVE Online.
If the player whom you invite re-subscribes during their seven free days, you may be eligible to receive a Recall Program reward for that calendar month. (That’s the month in which they resubscribe, not the month in which they activate the free days.)
Rewards will be granted on a monthly basis and each month you can earn up to a maximum number of rewards. In April 2014 the cap is three rewards, as follows:
- New clothing items
- New cosmetic ship skin blueprint copy for the Mackinaw Exhumer - The Mackinaw ORE Development edition
So even if you invite five people in April and all five resubscribe, you can receive only a maximum of three rewards. Rewards will not transfer between months.
The rewards available in the Recall Program are not limited-edition items and they may appear again in future months or in other promotions or sales.
To send invites you must be a current paying subscriber of EVE Online.
To claim the seven free days on your account, you must have been unsubscribed for six months or more. You can claim a maximum of one 7-free-days invite every 365 days.
We hope you enjoy using the Recall Program and reconnecting with long lost space friends!
Terms & Conditions
- The terms and conditions of the “Recall Program” are subject to change by CCP at any time without prior notice or consent.
- By participating in the “Recall Program” you agree to accept and abide by the terms and conditions of the “Recall Program”.
- CCP reserves the right to cancel the “Recall Program” at any time without prior notice or consent.
- Any actively subscribed EVE Online account may send Recall Program invitations to eligible accounts (trial accounts do not qualify for this promotion).
- Accounts eligible for the 7 free days of game time must have been disabled for a minimum of 6 months and must be in good standing with CCP (not banned or suspended).
- 7 free days will be granted using the links provided in the Recall Program invitation email or by using the unique URL. The invited player must use the correct Recall Program invitation in order for you to earn rewards if they re-subscribe to EVE Online.
- The invited player must resubscribe during the 7 free days for the inviter to be eligible for any rewards.
- Any rewards will be applied to the calendar month in which the invited player resubscribes, not the month 7 free days are claimed. For example, if a player claims 7 free days on April 30th and resubscribes on May 2nd. you will not receive rewards for April. There will be no exceptions to this requirement.
- To be eligible for rewards, the invited player must subscribe for at least 30 days.
- To be eligible for rewards, the invited player cannot subscribe using any of the following methods: Direct Debit or CD Keys, including CD Keys purchased or received from non-CCP sources and online stores such as, but not limited to: Direct2Drive, Gamers Gate, Impulse Driven.
- Each eligible account may claim 7 free days only once every 365 days.
- The rewards for the “Recall Program” are subject to change at any time at the discretion of CCP.
- Each ‘inviting’ account may earn up to a maximum of 3 rewards per calendar month from the Recall Program.
- CCP reserves the right to restrict eligibility for some rewards according to certain criteria, including but not limited to minimum account age or minimum client log-in time of the inviter. In addition, CCP reserves the right not to reward you with PLEX.
- The “Recall Program” is intended for you to encourage former EVE players to return to EVE Online. Violating the purpose of the “Recall Program” in any way or form is prohibited. Violations of this rule will be handled by EVE Online Customer Support, and action will be taken against players who violate this rule (including, but not limited to, warnings or bans of the offending accounts).
- Abusing the “Recall Program” is considered an exploit and will not be tolerated. Incidents will be handled on a case by case basis and action taken may include bans for all accounts involved and/or confiscation of ISK and items. Abuse includes, but is not limited to, farming gifts and recycling PLEX.