Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for February 2015

Balance Changes Coming In Scylla

By CCP Rise
| Comments

Howdy Ishtar lovers Although us balance-oriented folks have been very busy working on things like the NPE and Sov (!?), we took some time aside to put together a high-impact pass for Scylla (March 24) and I want to tell you about it! As always, we are reading your feedback, monitoring spaceship trends in New Eden and doing retrospectives on our past changes.

Read full post

UI Modernization - Icon Strategy

By CCP Arrow
| Comments

Fellow capsuleers, EVE developers have been quite busy in the past few weeks working on gameplay features, which is good because that‘s what they are supposed to do! But concurrently, various members of these teams have also been working on a cross-disciplinary project called EVE UI Modernization. Our latest efforts in this project is to deliver on a promise we identified as one of the principles of the EVE UI: a holistic icon strategy where we make all things in EVE that have a uniquely define...

Read full post

Download-on-Demand Is Coming To Singularity!

By CCP Maxwell
| Comments

Greetings, Capsuleers! The Download-on-Demand (DoD) client is now coming to the Singularity test-server. What does this mean? If you have not read the Dev blog about Download on Demand Client for EVE Online by CCP Snorlax, I strongly recommend you have a look! This changes how we deploy the EVE Online client.

Read full post

We want YOU on EVE TV at Fanfest!

By CCP Guard
| Comments

Dear media-savvy space friends, Like every year since the dawn of human history (or the part if it that matters at least), EVE TV will bring Fanfest to homes around the globe through a high quality live stream! Minutes before going live at Fanfest 2014 On the hour we stream keynotes, panels and presentations and in between sessions we bring interesting people on set to discuss interesting things and give those of you at home a glimpse behind the scenes at Fanfest. This year we want to try somet...

Read full post

Opportunities Abound - The New Player Experience

By CCP Rise
| Comments

Seasoned Veterans of New Eden – Hello CCP Rise here for EVE’s Team Pirate Unicorns to give you a heads up about some changes to the new player experience (NPE for short) that are about to sneak their way onto Tranquility. HISTORY As many of you remember, the first few days in New Eden can be some of the most difficult, and it’s been a mission at CCP for a very long time to try and improve the experience for new bros.

Read full post

In Celebration Of CSM X!

By CCP Leeloo
| Comments

Hello capsuleers! Welcome to another exciting blog regarding the upcoming Council of Stellar Management elections! Today we will be looking at the voting process and schedule. Dates: List of approved candidates will be available on February 23rd, 2015. Voting opens on 25th of February, 2015 and closes on March 10th, 2015. Results are announced during the EVE Keynote at Fanfest 2015.

Read full post

Fanfest 2015 - Worlds Collide

By CCP Gargant
| Comments

EVE Fanfest 2015, the eleventh installment of the best player gathering in the world, will take place from March 19th to 21st in the world’s northernmost and most beautiful capital, Reykjavík. At this hallowed event New Eden will teeter on a knife's edge, ready to plunge into the abyss should its champions fall in combat.

Read full post

Corp Little Things & Friendly Fire Control

By CCP Punkturis
| Comments

Hi! I’m CCP Punkturis and on behalf of Team Five 0 I want to tell you about some of the changes related to corporations that we’ve been working on for Tiamat, which will be released on February 17, 2015! We know the effort and time that CEOs and directors spend on managing their corporations is very valuable, and we want to make things easier for them.

Read full post

Fanfest 2015 Silent Auction - Servers & T-Shirts & Guns.. Oh My!

By CCP Falcon
| Comments

Hello Capsuleers! CCP Falcon here, and I’d like to show you all something that our Operations team have been working on in the run up to Fanfest: Okay, now that the glorious image part is out of the way, I’d like to tell you what this devblog is all about, and how you can become the proud owner of a piece of EVE Online history, while helping raise funds for an amazing and incredibly worthwhile cause at Fanfest 2015! Our Operations team are currently planning some significant upgrades to the har...

Read full post