Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for November 2014

Quick, give me manual control!

By CCP Nullarbor
| Comments

o7 mates! With Phoebe just having undocked, our attention quickly turns to the Rhea release coming on December 9. If you've been watching the o7 show and reading developer blogs you would have already heard some pretty amazing things being cooked up for later this year. Today I'm going to share with you an experiment that was born out of recent new player experience testing that we have been doing here at CCP HQ in Iceland.

Read full post

Thera and the Shattered Wormholes

By CCP Fozzie
| Comments

Thera and the Shattered Wormholes Rough transition through wormhole conduit to seventh candidate location. Shields and nanoplating held with minimal erosion. Deployed camera drones and was immediately impressed by the vivid blue glare of the central star.

Read full post

Sleeper Cache exploration sites & Polarized weapons

By CCP SoniClover
| Comments

Hello Capsuleers! This is CCP SoniClover from EVE's Team Banana Stand dev team here to introduce new exploration content coming your way soon. We’re creating a few new exploration sites that are aimed at experienced explorers. We’ve wanted to do these ever since the Odyssey release last year, as we didn’t find time then to add high-end content to supplement the adjusted probe scanning mechanics.

Read full post

A new look for EVE’s UI – feedback needed!

By CCP Optimal
| Comments

On behalf of Team Game of Drones and the EVE UI Group, I am here to tell you about a new look for the EVE UI that we are working on. It’s a big revamp of the look of the whole EVE user interface – while keeping the functionality almost entirely the same. The current look dates back to around 2000, and we want to make sure EVE looks like a modern and beautiful game, but also that you have an interface that helps you do what you need faster and better. The look brings a new kind of blurred window...

Read full post