Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for May 2014

Ship and Module Balancing in Kronos

By CCP Fozzie
| Comments

The Meaning of Life, the Universe and Everything Ship and Module Balancing in Kronos Greetings and salutations gallant capsuleers. This is CCP Fozzie bringing you another in our continuous series of balance summary dev blogs. For the Kronos release next Tuesday we are extremely proud to be bringing you four new ships and thirty eight rebalanced ships.

Read full post

Alliance Tournament XII - Commentators revealed

By CCP Gargant
| Comments

Signups for Alliance Tournament XII are now live! Get your alliance executor online and tell him to sign your alliance up because there is glory to be earned! There will be fabulous ship prizes as always, immortality in the Alliance Tournament halls of fame, and bragging rights to last you a year. The signup page is located here. For information on the format of the tournament and rules, go read this previous blog.

Read full post

Community Spotlight: EVE Planets

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

Setting up and maintaining a planetary interaction chain can be a logistical challenge. You have to remember what planets produce what resources, what reactions are needed to create the products you want, and try to make everything as efficient as possible to minimize customs taxes.

Read full post

Sweeping Death and Chaos: New Exploration Sites in Kronos

By CCP Affinity
| Comments

Dear assassins, brigands, cutthroats, triggermen, mercenaries, instruments of war, and all other enforcers of sweeping death and chaos, We're EVE’s Team Space Glitter, and as you might expect from a team with a name like that, we've been thinking up new ways for you to inflict violence upon the world of New Eden.

Read full post

Coming In Kronos, Part II

By CCP Seagull
| Comments

Greetings Capsuleers! In this blog last week we outlined what you can expect to see in the Kronos release on June 3rd. To add to that list, here are a few more things heading your way beginning of next week! The new Typhoon model In Kronos we have upgraded the visuals for the Typhoon and it´s variants, the Panther and Fleet Issue Typhoon.

Read full post

Developer Spotlight: FoxFour

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

When he's not busy watching hockey or eating maple syrup, the developer known as CCP Soxfour is - *vicious beating sounds* Ahem, excuse me. I have been informed that opening sentence is highly offensive, so I must rework it. *adjusts robe* Let us try that again... When he's not busy eating maple syrup or eating maple syrup, the developer known as CCP FoxFour is one of the most visible and beloved developers among the community.

Read full post

Audio Customization Coming In Kronos!

By CCP WhiteNoiseTrash
| Comments

Hello all, CCP WhiteNoiseTrash here on behalf of the audio team at CCP. Our team has often faced the massive challenges there is when developing audio for a game as epic and unique as EVE Online, one of these being that the game is very communication heavy and another is that the game is often played with more than one session of the client open at a time--multiboxing. We brainstormed on how we could approach some of the audio challenges in EVE and how we can encourage more people to turn sound...

Read full post

Introducing The Mordu's Legion Fleet

By CCP Rise
| Comments

Greetings to you, heroic capsuleer! Once again, I have the pleasure of introducing you to a brand new faction ship line: Mordu’s Legion. (click to enlarge) On June 3rd, for the Kronos release, we are adding full pirate faction lineup: the Garmur Frigate, the Orthrus Cruiser and the Barghest Battleship. These three new player ships are going to be a lot of fun and we really enjoyed building them but before I walk you through their creation, let me show you what you can look forward to seeing and...

Read full post

Solar Flares

By CCP Nag
| Comments

Greetings pilots, I´m CCP Nag, Lead Artist on the EVE team. I wanted to show you something that we´ve been working on for this release. A few months ago, CCP Solaris (the founder of CCP) turned 40 years old, so I gave him a phone call to congratulate him on this life event. I casually mentioned that I was going to take and revamp the existing sunflares because they were getting a bit outdated.

Read full post

Alliance Tournament XII - Signups, format, and rules

By CCP Gargant
| Comments

The hour of Alliance Tournament XII approaches. One integral part of tournaments is actual participants, so it is time for signing up! On Friday May 30th signups will open and alliance executors (CEOs of the executor corporation in an alliance) can sign their alliance up for the random draw for AT XII for a chance of a spot in the tournament.

Read full post

Little Things in Kronos: The Changes and Fixes You Asked For

By CCP karkur
| Comments

CCP karkur here. First of all I want to thank you who came to the roundtable CCP Punkturis and I held at Fanfest. We were very pleased with the session and found it both helpful and very motivating for our "Little things" effort. Now on to the little things coming in the Kronos release! Reload and Repair Timers A bunch of you have told us that that seeing the progress of charge reload and module repair while in space would be very useful.

Read full post

Community Spotlight: Open University of Celestial Hardship

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

EVE University. Agony Unleashed. These names are well known to players across New Eden for their services helping new players get into various aspects of the game and find their place within it. But there are many less-heralded organizations out there who put just as much time, effort, and knowledge into helping freshly-minted capsuleers discover their callings. One of these groups is the Open University of Celestial Hardship [0UCH].

Read full post

The ETC is Dead, Long Live the PLEX Activation Code!

By CCP Spitfire
| Comments

Intrepid space pilots, we have important news for you. As you most likely know, for many years now we have been distributing EVE Time Codes (or ETCs for short) through our numerous partners around the world. However, over time the concept of a "time code" became less commonplace and increasingly overshadowed by PLEX, introduced back in 2008. To make things less confusing for our players and simplify the EVE Online product line, we began distributing new codes to our partners starting 1 May 2014...

Read full post

Coming in Kronos: Introducing what's in the Kronos release

By CCP Seagull
| Comments

Our next big update to EVE Online will come with the Kronos release on June 3rd. The pirate factions are taking advantage of increased tensions between the waning empires and the growing strength of the capsuleers, who will in turn benefit from the new technology and ships produced by New Eden’s other factions. Kronos is the first release that is fully using our new way of updating EVE Online, where we move from 2 expansions per year to 10 releases.

Read full post

Developer Spotlight: Xhagen

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

CCP Xhagen has worn many hats here at CCP. He's gone from customer support, to research and statistics, to development. One of the longest-tenured members of the company (he received his 10-year sword at Fanfest 2013), he has been one of the more visible members of the team. Quite literally, because he is 197cm tall (that is 6'5" for my fellow Imperial measurers).

Read full post

ATX11 Commentator Applications Closing Soon!

By CCP Loxy
| Comments

Greetings capsuleers! As you saw in CCP Gargant’s Dev blog, Alliance Tournament XII is due to hit your screens this August. The team here is all super excited to bring you another awesome tournament and we’ll be bringing you more info on the rules and tournament format in the next few weeks as we get ready to open signups for teams. One aspect of the Alliance Tournament is already being decided: the player commentators that we fly out to Iceland to join us live on set for the last two weekends ...

Read full post

Fanfest 2014 - A Summary

By CCP Phantom
| Comments

Best Internet Spaceship Pilots, The wonderful EVE Fanfest 2014 is over and what a festival it was! Located in the amazing Harpa Concert Hall and Conference Centre in Reykjavik, Iceland, more than 1000 players, plus hundreds of developers, celebrated the EVE Universe and all its aspects from April 30 to May 2, 2014, with more than 70 presentations, roundtable discussions, shows and general happy craziness. Photo by Arnaldur Halldorsson: CCP Hellmar and players at Fanfest 2014 For those who could...

Read full post

Dev Blog: Tiptoe through the tooltips

By CCP Delegate Zero
| Comments

Greetings capsuleers. Team Pirate Unicorns, a relatively new team with a strong focus on the new player experience (NPE), is here to talk about some new foundational contextual UI work that has been released on Tranquility today – new and improved tooltips. Now, tooltips are a small but very important first step in radically overhauling and improving the experience for new players and those playing at all levels of EVE Online.

Read full post

Delivering the Industry New Eden deserves

By CCP Falcon
| Comments

Greeting entrepreneurial capsuleers! Let’s talk about Industry! It began with a blog Just before Fanfest we opened the floodgates on our ambitious plans for everything relating to Industry, starting with 6 blogs that would fundamentally change everything you could expect from Industry as you know it.

Read full post
Prev 1 2 Next