Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for March 2014

Community Spotlight: K162 Space

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

One of the most overlooked aspects of EVE Online is the market. The men and women who prowl the trade lanes, looking for deals that can turn them rich, don't get the acclaim that the FCs and alliance leaders of EVE receive. But they're still making it big. There are several blogs who have lifted the sheet on the practice of the marketeers, with K162 Space being a leader among them. Inauspicious Beginnings K162 Space was not always a market-oriented blog.

Read full post

Developer Spotlight: Rise

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

Hello everyone, this is CCP Eterne. Over the years, several famous players have joined CCP to become developers. One of the most famous is CCP Rise, a game designer most players recognize for rebalancing some of EVE's over 100 ships. Before coming to CCP, he was well-known as a solo PVPer who released tons of videos highlighting the playstyle.

Read full post

New Player Training Sessions: PvP Track

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

The New Player Training Sessions have been a great success thus far. Twice weekly, up to 500 new players have joined seminars led by the EVE Community Team, who teach everything from manufacturing ammo to exploring wormholes and participating in fleets.

Read full post

Community Spotlight: Destiny

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

The world of streaming has grown in leaps and bounds over the past few years, as sites like Twitch.tv reach millions of viewers around the globe. Several EVE players have carved their own niche out in the streaming universe, many of them having come together to fly as WeHurt in the recent New Eden Open.

Read full post

Mineral Trade in the Wake of the Battle of B-R5RB (Price Indices – February 2014)

By CCP Recurve
| Comments

The price indices for February 2014 have been calculated. All the main indices show deflation in February 2014, except the Mineral Price Index, which shows a 2.6% inflation. In January, by contrast, the inflation in the Mineral Price Index was 4.2%. This blog takes a look at mineral trade in the wake of (and during) the battle of B‑R5RB. Looking at the total value of traded minerals in the graph below, it is apparent that the mineral market was noticeably affected on the day of the battle of B-...

Read full post

U and I - Through a Scanner Lightly

By CCP karkur
| Comments

Greetings fellow capsuleers! CCP karkur here with CCP Merc from Team Pirate Unicorns to tell you about some little side projects we have been working on lately, which we are delivering to you on 12 March in EVE Online Rubicon 1.3. Directional Scanner Changes A lot of you have asked us to improve the range input in the Directional Scanners.

Read full post

Rubicon: 1.3 Balance Round Up

By CCP Rise
| Comments

Good day capsuleers, Coming up on March 12th we will be releasing EVE Online: Rubicon 1.3. With it comes your usual installment of game-balance tweaks from yours truly, CCP Rise, along with CCP Fozzie, and an angry Frenchman who should remain nameless. Somehow this release ended up with quite a bit of substance so we thought it would be nice to describe all the changes in once place for you. SISTERS OF EVE UPDATES Alright, first up we have some changes affecting the Sisters of EVE.

Read full post

Reprocess all the things!

By CCP Ytterbium
| Comments

Of the various activities available to EVE Online® players, one in particular has been around since day one: reprocessing. It grinds ore into the minerals needed to start basic manufacturing. It turns ice into fuel required to operate Starbases, Jump Drives and Forcefields. It also is a secondary income for some people that actually bother to loot.

Read full post

Worlds Within A World - A Message Through Time

By CCP Falcon
| Comments

Hello Capsuleers! Around a month ago, we announced the Worlds within a World project, a monument to be placed in Reykjavik harbor as a tribute to the EVE Universe, and as a gift to both the City of Reykjavik and the EVE Community for their dedication and support throughout the first decade of New Eden’s existence. The response to this project has been both staggering and humbling, with uncountable support tickets filed offering suggestions, requesting further information about the project and a...

Read full post

Rubicon 1.3 - Little Things

By CCP Punkturis
| Comments

Hello space friends! The reason I'm writing this dev blog is twofold: firstly I just wanted to tell you about a few little things I've implemented to make your lives easier, and secondly because I MISSED YOU GUYS! I was away for so long that some of you probably don't even know who CCP Punkturis is...

Read full post