Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for December 2013

Community Spotlight: Thirty Days in EVE Online

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

Remember the awe you felt the first time you undocked from a station to witness the majesty of space? Did you sit and stare at nebulae, suns, and stars? Maybe you giddily found something to shoot at watched your guns as they created beautiful explosions. Or perhaps you warped from place to place, reveling in the boom of the warp drive and checking out everything you could find. New players find EVE Online every day, drawn in by stories of rising and falling empires, epic battles, betrayal, and ...

Read full post

PLEX for GOOD: The Philippines - Results

By CCP Falcon
| Comments

On November 8th 2013, a Typhoon of catastrophic proportions struck the Philippines leaving an incomprehensible trail of destruction in its wake. Today, the death toll for this catastrophe stands at more than 5,900, with more than 1,700 still missing and over 12 million people affected directly by the devastation. Along with the rest of the world, CCP followed the devastating impact of Typhoon Haiyan (known locally as Typhoon Yolanda), and the development of increasingly dangerous living conditi...

Read full post

New Eden Open II - Rules, Signups, and Specifics

By CCP Gargant
| Comments

Greetings capsuleers! I am CCP Gargant, the referee for tournaments, and I am here to bring you the specific rules and regulations regarding the upcoming New Eden Open II. First off, there have been some major changes in the schedule since CCP Bro's blog due to unfavorable conditions.

Read full post

Happy Holidays... From Us to You!

By CCP Pokethulhu
| Comments

The Icelandic weather is an unpredictable beast at the best of times, but after weeks of grey skies and driving rains Thor and his brethren have ultimately delivered clear skies and crisp snow. With decorations lining the streets and lighting up the winter darkness, the holiday spirit is in full effect! While this is traditionally a time to reflect and acknowledge just how far we have come together, it’s also been an exciting time to share our vision of the future. 2013 has been a watershed yea...

Read full post

Community Spotlight: BattleClinic

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

There are few names as renowned amongst the EVE Online community as BattleClinic. One of the most popular and successful EVE-related sites in existence, it offers numerous things to players. It has one of the most successful killboards, hosts the wildly popular EVEMon, provides numerous guides and fittings, and offers a robust forum for EVE discussion. History Most people might not realize Battleclinic predates EVE Online by several years.

Read full post

Twitch integration is here!

By CCP Rise
| Comments

Hello current and future EVE streamers and viewers! This Tuesday, December 10th, we are launching Twitch.tv integration for EVE Online and I’m here to give you a quick overview of this lovely feature. If you aren’t familiar with streaming or Twitch, let me explain quickly. Streaming is a way of broadcasting media of your choosing (anything from EVE Online to your favorite political protest) live via the magic of the internet to as many viewers as you can attract to your channel. Game streaming ...

Read full post

Orbital Strike changes coming December 10th

By CCP FoxFour
| Comments

Hello EVE pilots. For the past few months we have been working on some big changes to Factional Warfare (FW) for DUST 514. This work for DUST has brought some changes to EVE as well and I am here to share these changes with you. If you play DUST or would like to see all the changes being made you can see them here. These changes will go live on December 10th, at the same time Uprising 1.7 comes to DUST 514. As it stands right now in EVE, if you wish to provide an orbital strike it's a pretty pa...

Read full post

Building a Balanced Universe

By CCP Prism X
| Comments

Building a Balanced Universe Hello everybody, my name is CCP Prism X and I am a Libra! This summer we saw a welcome influx of players with the release of EVE Online: Odyssey. On occasions as such we usually celebrate our great success by pulling out the champagne and our $1000 Japanese pants, and having ourselves a great big pillow fight.

Read full post