Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for September 2013

Community Spotlight: Wormhole Fundamentals

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

W-Space. Anoikis. Whatever name you know it by, the unclaimed and uncharted systems connected by wormholes are a dangerous and mysterious place. There are no stargates connecting them, you can't set an autopilot to show you how to get home, there is no local channel warning you when a potential hostile enters system.

Read full post

Terms of Service History and Clarification

By GM Grimmi
| Comments

Greetings, As many of you may be aware, CCP made some changes to the Terms of Service (ToS) last week. The purpose of the ToS update was not to change anything in regards to policy or how we handle cases involving impersonation.

Read full post

Community Spotlight: EVE Down Under

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

EVE Online was created and developed in the northern climes of Iceland. Yet it has spread across the globe. Nowhere is its global reach more apparent than in Australia, which is more or less on the complete opposite side of the globe. There is a thriving player community in Australia, made even more impressive by the fact that EVE's daily downtime lands right in the middle of their prime playing hours.

Read full post

Time Capsule full of Memorabilia

By CCP FoxFour
| Comments

Hello Capsuleers! It has been a while since I have written a dev blog for EVE Online as I have been working hard on DUST 514. I come now to bring you information on a special little project I have been involved in on the capsuleer side of things. Before Christmas 2012 I was involved the project that brought you all the the special edition assets such as the Boots.ini boots, the deactivated station key, a tank of honor, the New Eden Open cards, and lots more.

Read full post

License to kill: Certificates Overhaul

By CCP Ytterbium
| Comments

During the Quantum Rise expansion, we introduced a certificate system to help players deal with the recommended use of skills and ships available in our game. With a new age upon us of redefined ship roles and extensive rebalancing, it became readily apparent that its use as an effective guiding tool needed to be revisited. That is why we are introducing a new certificate system, along with mastery levels for ships in the Winter expansion of EVE Online.

Read full post

EVE Vegas 2013: The juicy details emerge!

By CCP Guard
| Comments

Hi, everyone! I´m a huge believer in players meeting face to face as well as in the depths of space. Having been to dozens of player gatherings, I've witnessed corps being formed, pilots finding new friends to fly with, and even seen wars igniting over a bit of beer-fueled banter! Real life encounters, apart from just being a lot of fun, are content catalysts for the EVE universe (so it's pretty cool that we're seeing a constant rise in the number of world-wide gatherings!). EVE Vegas, organize...

Read full post

Community Spotlight: Tigerears

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

Life in a wormhole is unlike any other in New Eden. Constantly watching the directional scan without the benefit of local to tell you when a hostile might appear, fighting without the threat of a hot drop or the potential backup of a supercap wing, and doing battle against the deadly and mysterious Sleepers can prove to be a harrowing but thrilling experience.

Read full post

Confirming the Collector’s Edition Ship Date… and more!

By CCP Doom
| Comments

Good afternoon brave pilots of New Eden, CCP Doom here with some exciting news concerning the upcoming EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition release. To get things going, I’m delighted to announce that the Collector’s Edition will begin shipping on October 24th 2013! We have two distribution centres to ship these beautiful boxes.

Read full post

U and I made some changes: Odyssey 1.1. UI changes

By CCP karkur
| Comments

Hi all, CCP karkur here with some news from the late Team Pony Express. You won't be hearing much more from the team in the future but that's all good because we recently formed one super team, Team Kuromaku, with the members from Team Prototyping Rocks. I want to tell you about changes Pony Express made that are being released in Odyssey 1.1 with testing support from the new team. DRONES Ok...

Read full post