Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for August 2013

Community Spotlight: Markee Dragon

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

The EVE community is wide and varied. There are people who make amazing tools, help out new players, produce awesome videos, and more. There are even people who have surprisingly made a living out of working with the EVE Community. No, we don't mean the Community Team! We mean someone whom, if you've ever purchased an EVE Time Code, you quite possibly have dealt with. Having sold over 1 million EVE Time codes, Markee Dragon has kept players subscribed to EVE Online for hundreds of thousands of ...

Read full post

Email verification and you

By CCP Stillman
| Comments

Greetings EVE Citizens! Today I want to bring you an update from Team Security and our wonderful Team Mammon, responsible for our Account Management system, in extension to the Fanfest presentation from Team Security this year.

Read full post

28 Ships Later: Ship and Module Balancing in Odyssey 1.1

By CCP Fozzie
| Comments

28 Ships Later Ship and Module Balancing in Odyssey 1.1 Ahh summertime in Reykjavik. Famous for its constant sunshine, occasionally tolerable weather, and a very empty CCP office. Many Icelanders take their summer vacations during the same period in July, which means a slow period for CCP’s Iceland office. This year however, CCP Rise and I are taking our vacations a little later (the timing of mine ment that I could attend the August 23rd Toronto EVE Meet!) which meant that we were left alone i...

Read full post

Community Spotlight: The Angel Project

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

New Eden can be a harsh universe for the young and uninitiated. Flying out into the depths of space in your Velator, armed only with a Civilian Blaster, can be a daunting prospect. Earning your first several thousand ISK can be a major milestone, but those first few months can be harrowing.

Read full post

Probe Scanning improvements in Odyssey 1.1

By CCP Tuxford
| Comments

I’m CCP Tuxford from team Super Friends and I’m here to tell you about all the wonderful things we have been doing this summer and which will soon make their way to Tranquility as part of Odyssey 1.1. Well to be honest most people have been on vacation and it’s been fairly slow in the office but we still managed to iterate a bit on the probe scanning UI.

Read full post

An Update on Bug Reporting, Part 2

By CCP Goliath
| Comments

Hello again, CCP Goliath here to show you our new bug reporting tools! I discussed the background of bug reporting and EVE in my previous blog. Today I want to talk about the future, and how you can help us to make EVE an even better experience for everyone. Let‘s begin by discussing briefly how we go about ensuring EVE is as bug-free as possible (but if you just want to see the new stuff, jump ahead a few paragraphs!).

Read full post

Community Spotlight: EVE Bet

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

What's a friendly little wager between friends? A million ISK says my team is better than your team. Oh yeah? Well, a billion ISK says mine is better than yours! It's a bet! But then the loser doesn't want to pay up. Friendships are shattered, knees are broken, and suddenly it's not all fun and games. That's why EVE Bet exists.

Read full post

CSM Guest Blog: "Reasonable Things" Voting Phase

By CCP Dolan
| Comments

(Developers Note: This is a Guest Blog written by the 8th Council of Stellar Management (CSM), as part of their ongoing efforts to help CCP and the EVE Online Developement Teams in shaping the direction and focus for the future of the EVE Online Universe) If you're having EVE problems I feel bad for you son.

Read full post