Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for July 2013

Battle for 6VDT-H - summary and numbers

By CCP Logibro
| Comments

For the past two months, two massive groups of EVE pilots, the coalition CFC and the alliance Test Alliance Please Ignore (shortened to TEST), have been waging war over the Fountain region. These two gigantic war machines were both coveting the valuable moons in the region after the changes to moon mineral distribution in Odyssey, our latest expansion to EVE Online.

Read full post

Community Spotlight: Jonny Pew

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

There are a number of people who create entertaining and informative videos about EVE Online. Few people have been as focused or prolific as JonnyPew, however. The host of the popular “Explorer's Log” video blog, among several other smaller video series, JonnyPew has been bringing guides and explanations of EVE's exploration mechanics to the masses for over a year and a half.

Read full post

Sleeve Tattoos for Collectors Edition Pre-Purchasers

By CCP Doom
| Comments

Good afternoon brave pilots of New Eden, I’m CCP Doom from the EVE Online marketing team with some exciting news concerning the upcoming EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition. Whilst we’re hard at work making sure that everything going into the box is looking 100% awesome (and if that means running around the office with the Rifter Hub prototype… then so be it!) we also wanted to reward those of you who are taking the plunge early and pre-purchasing ahead of the official launch in October ...

Read full post

Rebalancing and Renaming Industrials

By CCP Rise
| Comments

Hello, I'm CCP Rise. I’m kind of new here, but you may know me from EVE where I controlled the honorable Kil2 in space combat for the last 6 or 7 years along with being an Alliance Tournament commentator, podcast host, and YouTuber.

Read full post

CSM Guest Blog: "Reasonable Things" Crowdsourcing

By CCP Dolan
| Comments

(Developers Note: This is a Guest Blog written by the 8th Council of Stellar Management (CSM), as part of their ongoing efforts to help CCP and the EVE Online Developement Teams in shaping the direction and focus for the future of the EVE Online Universe) They're making a list, and checking it twice... Welcome to the CSM Summer 2013 "Reasonable Things" Prioritization Crowdsourcing.

Read full post

Community Spotlight: Mad Ani

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

There are hundreds of battles that take place across New Eden every day. Some are as small as one on one confrontations, others involve hundreds of ships on each side blowing each other to smithereens. Precious few get to see these battles unfold; they must instead read after action reports or gawk at killboards and imagine the fights in their heads.

Read full post

An Update on Bug Reporting, Part 1

By CCP Goliath
| Comments

Bug reporting and EVE have a long and amazing history. The first bug reports were filed on 15th November 2003 as a test to the system. The first player filed bug report that we found was bug report 62, filed on the 26th October 2003 and was to do with a large amount of Amarr Navy occupying CONCORD controlled Yulai, making things very difficult for Minmatar mission runners! Since that day, the EVE community has been vigilant in reporting issues they find to us, and has filed just over 150,000 bu...

Read full post

A New Live Event for July

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

Attention capsuleers! Have you ever pointed your camera drones at some distant nebula or beautiful sight and thought “I should have studied photography at the Science and Trade Institute instead of becoming a pod pilot”? Well, if so, Team Illuminati has a new event coming up for you to scratch that artistic itch of yours, while also giving you the opportunity to get some cool stuff.

Read full post

Alliance Tournament XI features and prizes

By CCP Bro
| Comments

With the sign-ups for Alliance Tournament XI in full swing, we in the Tournament Team thought it would be a nice time to draw attention to some changes to the tournament from last year. As we mentioned previously the cost of signing up to the random draw is only 5 PLEX.

Read full post