Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for May 2013

Community Spotlight: EVE Chronicle Audio Readings

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

Who reads these days? Reading is for nerds (what, you're reading this? Shhhh! Don't tell anyone)! But seriously, everyone loves stories and EVE Online has a ton of amazing lore behind it. From stories of epic battles, to cruel betrayal, to dying old men and more, the EVE Universe is rich with fiction.

Read full post

U and I made some changes: Odyssey UI changes

By CCP karkur
| Comments

Hi all, I'm back to tell you about a few Little Things we are changing in EVE Online: Odyssey. OK, to be honest, I'm a little embarrassed to even mention the first one because it's such a tiny tiny change, but since you guys have been asking for it I should tell you about it: you can now make the input field in chat a single line and gain like 20 extra pixels! Yay! :) You also wanted to be able to open more than one stored fitting window at a time, so now if you SHIFT-click a fitting link, the ...

Read full post

EVE on Steam: Past, Present and Future

By CCP Spitfire
| Comments

Greetings, My name is CCP Spitfire; some of you might remember me from the forum days of old. I used to be a Russian community coordinator for EVE Online, and now I am a part of the CCP sales team. We work on setting up partnerships with game retailers and distributors to bring EVE Online to the masses, and also manage CCP’s ETC reseller and affiliate programs. Today I would like to tell you about our new initiative that has been in the works for some time.

Read full post

Alliance Tournament XI Rules and Format

By CCP Bro
| Comments

Hello sportsfans! It is once again that most wonderful time of year, Alliance Tournament Season! It is once again time for the alliances in New Eden to pit themselves against their peers in epic combat, where they fly ships out of their own hangars so each loss matters . Last year we had a spectacular tournament capped off with Verge of Collapse's victory in the finals, and I'm certain this year will be even better. We've been requesting commentator applications for the past few weeks and we're...

Read full post

Probe Scanning and other Goodies for Odyssey

By CCP SoniClover
| Comments

Hello capsuleers! This is SoniClover from team Super Friends, telling you about some of the things the team has been working on for EVE Online: Odyssey's June 4th release. The team took part in the theme-conception work overseen by CCP Seagull earlier in the year. From that work the exploration theme emerged as something we wanted to focus the expansion on.

Read full post

Community Spotlight: Crossing Zebras

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

There are dozens of EVE Online podcasts, ranging from small affairs designed to be listened to by a few corporations to much larger ones which attempt to tackle the politics of the entire universe. In such a crowded pond, it is difficult to be a fish that stands out. But Crossing Zebras has managed to do just that and has gained wide renown as one of the better podcasts ever produced in EVE Online's history. History Crossing Zebras first went live on April 4th, 2012, with the first podcast goin...

Read full post

Alliance Tournament XI... and a call for commentators!

By CCP Gargant
| Comments

The 11th Alliance Tournament will be kicking off on July 20, 2013. While we like to keep things nice and simple like that here in the Tournament Team, a few more announcements regarding this year's Alliance Tournament are in order because we are changing a few things. Firstly, we will do away with the usual format of qualifying rounds and group stages and go for a double elimination bracket format from the start.

Read full post

Dual Character Training

By CCP Quant
| Comments

Dear alt-loving capsuleers, Many of us here have been playing EVE long before we started working at CCP. As such, a lot of ideas and improvements come from our own experience and (sometimes) frustrations with EVE. Alt accounts play a large role in EVE so training and keeping them shouldn't be a hassle.

Read full post

Vote for truth – Vote for justice!

By CCP t0rfifrans
| Comments

Now is the moment of truth. As of midnight EVE time on May 6th we closed the True Stories website for new submissions, and opened it up for voting. The voting period is two weeks, ending May 21st. As previously stated, there are rewards for the five top voted stories: 1.

Read full post

Reinventing the Radial Menu for Odyssey

By CCP Sharq
| Comments

Hello pilots. My name is CCP Sharq and I‘m a UI designer for EVE Online. I‘m a part of Team Pony Express, that focuses on User Experience for EVE Online. When looking at and playing EVE one day, looking for what to tackle next for our team, we noticed that the left mouse button is more or less underutilized when interacting with the client.

Read full post

Planetary Conquest, corp quitting timers and more!

By CCP FoxFour
| Comments

You haven't seen a dev blog over here from me in some time as I have been off plotting the retrival of my shoes from CCP Soundwave. During that time of plotting I have also been working with Team True Grit on the EVE/DUST link. I am here today to talk to you guys about some of the stuff we have done.

Read full post

Hacking in Odyssey

By CCP Bayesian
| Comments

EVE Online: Odyssey is coming on the 4th of June and Exploration as a profession is seeing a lot of love from the developers at CCP. Team Prototyping Rocks has been working hard on improving the depth of gameplay that explorers will enjoy in their day to day lives. The devil is in the details and until this release the details behind Hacking and Archaeology have been very sparse.

Read full post

Celebrating Ten Years of EVE Online

By CCP Affinity
| Comments

Celebrating such a special event as EVE’s 10th anniversary is too big an occasion for just a private party, so with that in mind we've planned an action-packed weekend within the EVE Universe to ring in the second decade with the people who matter the most… you! In true Icelandic style, no celebration would be complete without fireworks, so we are running a campaign on Facebook where we invite you to like the official EVE Online Facebook page and share with your friends and gaming groups.

Read full post

Community Spotlight: The BIG Lottery

By CCP Eterne
| Comments

Lotteries have a long history in New Eden. Tens of thousands of capsuleers, hoping to score some easy riches, have bought tickets over the years. Many lotteries have come and gone over the years, but the first of them still remains: The BIG Lottery. Early History The very first round of The BIG Lottery was held in the closing weeks of beta from April 14th, 2003 to April 28th, 2003.

Read full post

CSM8 Election Statistics

By CCP Veritas
| Comments

The elections for the 8th Council of Stellar Management (CSM8) are now all wrapped up and CSM8 is already in action reviewing providing feedback on many of the features coming in Odyssey. With the changes in this years election system to using the Wright Single Transferable Vote (Wright-STV), we at CCP thought it might be interesting to take a look at some of the important statistics regarding voter behavior and how ballots were counted.

Read full post

WantToTrade: Tags for Security Status

By CCP Masterplan
| Comments

Hi there. I hope that everyone enjoyed Fanfest last week as much as we did. This dev blog is a follow-up to the Fanfest presentation where I introduced Team Five 0's 'Tags for Security Status' feature coming in Odyssey.

Read full post