Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for January 2013

A Weekend of Epic Destruction in EVE Online

By CCP Manifest
| Comments

The Battle of Asakai, Poinen Must Burn and more… I’m CCP Manifest, the Public Relations and Social Media Fleet Commander for EVE Online. I work closely with both development and the community team on messaging, gathering feedback and helping to magnify the accomplishments, dreams and actions of the EVE playerbase to the lamer places in life outside the boundaries of its virtual universe.

Read full post

The Battle of Asakai and Poinen Must Burn by the numbers

By CCP Quant
| Comments

Hi I’m CCP Quant In June 2012 I decided to take a break from banking (Quantitative Research) and joined Dr. Eyjó’s team, Research and Statistics, as a Data Analyst. I’m mainly responsible for predictive modeling, statistical research and general data analysis. This past weekend EVE Online saw two major player events, The Battle of Asakai and Red vs.

Read full post

Team Super Friends runs some bounty numbers

By CCP Punkturis
| Comments

Ola chillbros and other bros! As a part of trying to educate and make the devs at CCP even smarter, most of the EVE devs had a course in some basic (and not so basic) SQL by our own database gurus CCP Prism X and CCP Creber Cattus. To put what we learned to good use, we then had a hack day.

Read full post

All hail the Info Panels

By CCP Optimal
| Comments

Pop-quiz: What do the Autopilot Route, Current System, Factional Warfare, Incursions, Agent Missions and Planetary Interaction have in common? I’m sure it’s possible to engineer various clever punch lines to that question, but the boring, logical answer is that they all fight to conquer the screen real estate next to the Neocom.

Read full post

CSM7 meeting minutes are out.

By CCP Xhagen
| Comments

Fellow space pilots. Last December, the 12th to the 14th 2012, the CSM visited Iceland for a scheduled series of sessions with the EVE Online developers. For more than 8 hours a day, 3 days in a row, important space matters were discussed. The topics covered during the summit are the following: EVE Online - The Next Decade CSM as Stakeholder CSM Whitepaper & Election Systems Null-sec: Part 1 Null-sec: Part 2 Ship Balancing Factional Warfare Bounty Hunting Mercenaries, Wars and Crimewatch EVE UI...

Read full post

You have insulted my honor - I demand satisfaction! Dueling comes to EVE Online

By CCP Masterplan
| Comments

Greetings most honorable space pilots! As CCP Seagull recently announced, Retribution 1.1 will be shipping on 19th February. With this change, Team Five 0 is adding something that was much requested as part of the Crimewatch changes, but that didn't fit in to the original release plan: The ability for consenting players to flag themselves for legal combat against one-another without (legal) outside interference - AKA Dueling. Background Prior to the big Crimewatch revamp we introduced in Retrib...

Read full post

EVE Online development in 2013 and beyond

By CCP Seagull
| Comments

Hi everyone, I'm CCP Seagull. CCP Unifex has asked me to take on the role of Senior Producer of EVE Online Development, to lead work on the product vision and roadmap for EVE Online. I’m humbled and honored to take on this job, and very excited for the future of EVE Online.

Read full post

Delivering EVE Online into its Second Decade

By CCP Unifex
| Comments

Dear EVE Players, What a year 2012 has been for EVE Online. With Crucible 1.1 coming out at the end of January, through an amazing Fanfest in March, the Inferno release in June and then the great success of Retribution in December, we have had a year where we have gone back to the core of EVE Online and done the right thing.

Read full post

DUST 514 enters the EVE Universe

By CCP Nullarbor
| Comments

Citizens of New Eden My name is CCP Nullarbor from Team True Grit and I am here to introduce to you some new space friends: the mercenaries of DUST 514. DUST 514 is the second major game in development in the EVE Universe, where the players are mercenaries fighting ground wars on the same planets that you have been flying past in EVE Online for almost 10 glorious years.

Read full post