Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for October 2012

In Development: New Destroyers and Ship Balancing

By CCP Guard
| Comments

On December 4, EVE Online: Retribution will bring four new destroyers to New Eden, one for each race, and a ton of ship balancing changes bound to cause delicious, ship exploding mayhem to keep us all warm through the winter months. We brought out our trusty video camera and cornered a couple of developers to tell us more about this...and then some other things happened as well. Enjoy!

Read full post

Fast Forward

By CCP Fozzie
| Comments

Fast Forward Hello everyone. CCP Fozzie here writing on behalf of my teammates in Game of Drones. We’ve got some updates for you all regarding our plans for Factional Warfare. TL:DR Is that we’re accelerating some of our Factional Warfare feature changes that had been planned for Retribution and releasing those features that are ready for prime time starting with a patch on October 23. The Story so Far Team Game of Drones has been working on Factional Warfare (FW) iterations for quite a few mon...

Read full post

New Eden Open update on prizes and sponsors

By CCP Bro
| Comments

Hey guys, Over the past couple of weeks since we announced the tournament we have been listening closely to feedback on the changes to the tournament format and rules. In this Dev blog I am going to address some of the points you have raised. The biggest misconception I see out there is the following: “CCP is only hosting this tournament to make some quick cash off the PLEX entry fee”. This is not true in any way, shape, or form.

Read full post

Introducing Open Buddy Invites

By CCP Delegate Zero
| Comments

Greetings Capsuleers! While all kinds of space goodness has been under development, your friends in Team Mammon and Team Roundhouse Kick have been working to improve and expand on our popular Buddy Program – so more of you can experience that good stuff alongside your friends, comrades and fellow space bronies.

Read full post

Look Who's Talking

By CCP karkur
| Comments

Hi y'all, As you may know, the DUST bunnies (sssh, don't tell them I'm calling them that) will soon be joining us in New Eden. We have started to prepare for that and today in Inferno 1.3 you will notice some changes to your chat windows, even though the bunnies are not here yet. When the DUST Infantry does join us EVE Capsuleers, we will have two different sets of players in the channels and when possible we wanted to show separate character counters for these two groups; one for the Capsuleer...

Read full post

Introducing EVE Online: Retribution

By CCP Ripley
| Comments

CCP Ripley takes you on a tour of the CCP offices in Reykjavik and takes a look at what the various EVE teams are working on for EVE Online: Retribution. We hope you enjoy this latest In Development video and we truly hope you avoid camouflaged guys with shotguns. Let us know what you are looking forward to in Retribution and we will be bringing you many more in depth Dev Blogs over the coming weeks which will explain the new features and changes in much more detail. CCP Ripley - Senior Produce...

Read full post

Half-Time Overview of EVE Online: Retribution

By CCP Ripley
| Comments

Greetings citizens of New Eden, I'm CCP Ripley. You may have known me previously under the name CCP Nerfherder, which I used when I was manager of game design and content. Unfortunately, Nerfherder came to a fiery end after a suspicious in-game scandal (no doubt some lucky pilot out there in New Eden still has his frozen corpse).

Read full post

Stay on Target!

By CCP karkur
| Comments

Hi my friends in space, CCP karkur here, back with another super-exciting devblog for you. Last time you heard from me I was on Team Avatar, but I’m now on Team Pony Express; a team that has been tasked with the tall order of improving the EVE players' experience. We are currently working on a number of things for Retribution, the upcoming EVE Online expansion, but today I'd like to tell you about what we are working on right now to improve your Tactical Awareness. This devblog is a bit differe...

Read full post

The Retribution of Team Super Friends

By CCP SoniClover
| Comments

Hello Capsuleers. By now you’ve probably heard that the name of the upcoming release this December is Retribution. Team Super Friends is happy to participate in this jolly endeavor of revenge, rage, repercussions and Christmas Carols. We’ve cooked up a set of features sure to spice up this dish of revenge (best served swiftly and sharply) and here to tell you all about them is I, CCP SoniClover. Mutiny on the Bounty System Here’s a little secret: the Bounty System is broken! Shocker, right? Wel...

Read full post

If you smell smoke, look for fire

By CCP Affinity
| Comments

You may have noticed that over the past couple of weeks there have been reports of increased pirate activity in-game and to our deep disappointment some players have even gotten involved and supported the dissenters. The cause of these upsets is still unknown at this point but we want to assure our players that we’re doing everything in our power to quell this uprising and bring stability back to the New Eden universe. We reserve the right to recruit the assistance of players if abnormal activi...

Read full post

Introducing the new and improved Crimewatch

By CCP Masterplan
| Comments

Hi folks. I'm CCP Masterplan from Team Five-0, and I'm here to talk about a significant change to the aggression system in EVE coming along in this winter's expansion. I'm going to cover a bit of history, a discussion of why we're making these changes, and then get in to the details of what the changes will be.

Read full post

More from you and less from the evil nasty NPC

By CCP FoxFour
| Comments

More from you and less from the evil nasty NPC CCP FoxFour here again to tell you something that I consider to be of great benefit to New Eden and I hope you do as well. One of our goals internally is to have as much stuff as possible on the market manufactured by the players. Having NPC's sell stuff when we could have our players doing it is...

Read full post

Community Spotlight - The EVE Blogosphere

By CCP Phantom
| Comments

Introduction The inhabitants of the EVE Online universe shape their own destiny and create an incredible rich environment which is filled with the most amazing events and stories. To even summarize the myriads of exciting happenings and the endless stream of adventures, reports, anecdotes, plotting, drama and legends together with discussions about game mechanics and game ideas seems to be an impossible task. The EVE Community in their wonderful passion and creativity however took up that chall...

Read full post