Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for July 2012

Well Fit and Well Loaded...

By CCP Punkturis
| Comments

Hi, I just wanted to write a short dev blog on the changes Team Super Friends (your best friends) have made to saved fittings. Mostly because it's my first day back after a really long summer vacation (and this day mostly gets wasted with reading e-mails, syncing branches, watching the Olympics and other stuff, but also because I thought you guys should know). We've had some requests from CSM6 and CSM7 to make things nicer for those who have the great job in corporations/alliances to mass-fit s...

Read full post

Upcoming Tutorial Revisions

By CCP Greyscale
| Comments

PART ONE: WHAT'S GOING ON It's always been a core principle of EVE that the more active, engaged players we have, the better the game will be. EVE is a deeply social game at its core, and having more people to interact with gives more opportunities for interesting outcome (see: Metcalfe's Law). One of the major benefits to EVE of DUST514's upcoming launch will be the increased awareness of and interest in our shared universe, and we're expecting an influx of new players as a result of this, whi...

Read full post

Tech is fine l2p

By CCP Fozzie
| Comments

Ahahaha just kidding moongoo is completely broken and we’re going to fix that starting in Inferno 1.2. Disclaimer: Everything in this dev blog (just like every game change we make) is open to being changed at any point. If you dump all your isk into speculation around this blog and lose it all because we changed something again, you have only yourself to blame.

Read full post

Community Spotlight - Pandemic Legion

By CCP Phantom
| Comments

Introduction New Eden is wild with many uncharted and mysterious places, but as daring as all these places are, the true challenge of this universe is considered by many the boundless freedom of their inhabitants. Tools like EVE Files or DOTLAN would have nothing to report if it weren’t for actual people using their freedom to challenge boundaries and pushing limits and thus gaining fame and reputation. As with a living and breathing universe the freedom of choice allows for complex social patt...

Read full post

Alliance Tournament X finals weekend

By CCP Navigator
| Comments

Alliance Tournament X will bring the final round of group stage matches along with last 16, quarter finals, semi-finals and final this coming weekend. The tournament this year has seen some fantastic matches, expensive set-ups and unexpected twists and turns as well as some technical difficulties on our new streaming platform.

Read full post

My OCD said fix this so I did...

By CCP FoxFour
| Comments

Introduction Hello internet spaceship friends, I'm CCP FoxFour a new content designer here at CCP for EVE Online. I thought would give you a quick idea as to some of the stuff I have done in my first few weeks here at CCP. Auto-Targeting Missiles Some of you may remember back when most missiles had different names, because that was oh so long ago.

Read full post