Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for May 2012

Unified Inventory: Changes Coming Your Way This Friday!

By CCP Soundwave
| Comments

Hello Spacefriends! We deployed a number of fixes for the Unified Inventory yesterday (along with some other general Inferno updates). I’m here to tell you a little bit about the next round of fixes and when they’ll be live. We have been listening carefully to the feedback we have been hearing from the community and as a result, the team is working towards another deployment this Friday the 1st of June.

Read full post

This Week In The Unified Inventory

By CCP Soundwave
| Comments

Hello Spacefriends As mentioned previously, we are not at all happy with the state of the unified inventory. To everyone that is currently struggling with it, you have my apologies. As a remedy, we’re going to try and provide you with weekly changes to it, until we get it into a state where you’re happy with it.

Read full post

Unified Inventory Changes

By CCP Soundwave
| Comments

Hello Spacefriends We've been collecting and planning changes to the unified inventory system based on the various threads currently on the forums. The list right now is comprised of the issues we feel are most urgent after reviewing the feedback and by no means the final list of what will be fixed.

Read full post

Alliance Tournament X random draw results

By CCP Navigator
| Comments

In our penultimate Dev Blog for Alliance Tournament X we wanted to bring you the results of the random draw. On Tuesday, May 22 we visited the new set for this year’s tournament, which is still under construction, and the draw was made by your hosts CCP Soundwave and CCP Sunset. The draw was recorded by CCP Loxy and supervised by CCP Sreegs, CCP Alice and CCP Navigator.

Read full post

Briefly about Kill Reports

By CCP Tuxford
| Comments

Hi there, I’m Tuxford of Super Friends and I’m here to explain some changes we made to the kill API. In Inferno we added some more information and details to the kill reports. I apologize not letting you guys know in advance and hopefully minimal changes will be needed if something breaks for the various kill boards out there.

Read full post

With Friends Like These... - New Ally System

By CCP SoniClover
| Comments

In EVE Online, wars are fought for any reason the human mind can come up with and are a true melting pot of emergent game play. We've always left it to the players to define WHY they fight, but we've also always wanted to give you guys more tools to frame your war-mongering ambitions. The new Ally System introduced in the upcoming Inferno expansion is an addendum to the war mechanics, one that allows players to more easily get aid when finding themselves dragged into an unfavorable war, through...

Read full post

More Skin Color Options

By CCP karkur
| Comments

In the upcoming EVE release, Inferno, we will be making changes to characters' skin color. Don't worry, now is not the time to panic... you will not suddenly change color overnight (or downtime), but we'll get to that later in this blog. The new character creation introduced last year in Incursion is a very robust system, and we still haven't explored the full potential of it.

Read full post

Alliance Tournament X Sign ups, commentators and schedule

By CCP Navigator
| Comments

With less than two months remaining before Alliance Tournament X takes to your screens, we wanted to bring you details of how your alliance can qualify for this year’s event. The tournament will be streamed live over the course of four weekends, starting on June 30th and culminating in the finals weekend on July 21st.

Read full post

War, Modules & Super Friends

By CCP SoniClover
| Comments

Hi there! I’m SoniClover from Team Super Friends, and I’m here to tell you a bit about what the team has been up to lately. This blog is going to focus mostly on the backend and mechanical stuff. Later this week we will have another dev blog out about the ally system, with lots of cool pics.

Read full post

Factional Warfare overhaul

By CCP Ytterbium
| Comments

Between the Fanfest presentations, various cryptic Dev posts and latest Inferno changes we put out on the Singularity test server, speculation on Factional Warfare has been running rampant all over the forums, like a violent storm gathering strength across the horizon. And for good reasons if we may add, as this feature has been left in the dark for quite a while, sobering for some well-deserved love it will now properly receive: time has come for us in Team Game of Drones to shed some light on...

Read full post

Alliance Tournament X Rules

By CCP Loxy
| Comments

Alliance Tournament X is only eight weeks away and we wanted to take this opportunity to go over team submissions and rules for this event. This year we will have 64 teams participating in the tournament which runs over four consecutive weekends starting on June 30, 2012. As well as changing some of the rules to ensure the tournament brings new tactics and set ups, we have also added rules to ensure that the spirit of the tournament remains competitive and entertaining. Next week we will be goi...

Read full post

Observing the "Burn Jita" Player Event

By CCP Explorer
| Comments

Things have been afoot in the Jita solar system recently... WHAT IS JITA? For quite some time, the Jita solar system has been the most populated solar system in EVE Online on a sustained basis, having organically risen as the main player trade hub in game due to its location and the basic human need to gather together and trade stuff. It's had a varied reputation as [wretched hive of scum, villainy and scammers], [representative product of EVE's emergent sandbox game design], [indefatigable cog...

Read full post

Unified Inventory

By CCP Arrow
| Comments

Hey there. We are CCP Optimal and CCP Arrow and between the two of us we should be able to make excellent projectiles, but let’s keep this focused, shall we? Instead, and more importantly, we try our best to make your experience in EVE good through various UI improvements.

Read full post

Changes to Toolkit Exported Data

By CCP Nobody
| Comments

Hi all. I’m CCP Nobody, from Team Core Graphics Tools and I’m here to tell you about some changes that are coming in the Inferno release for the Exported Data for 3rd party developers. For the last few months, we have been changing the way static data is used in the client.

Read full post