Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for April 2012

Team Security RMT Update - 3 Weeks in Numbers (YAY)

By CCP Sreegs
| Comments

Dearest Internet Space Pilots, Earlier this month we announced a crackdown on RMT which began with a single circle of actors. With those gentlemen out of business we've been able to focus our sights on some new sources and I'd like to share some numbers with you. This isn't going to be my longest blog ever but it is going to contain some numbers and things that are sure to please most (heh) of you and give you some thoughts about how we're going to proceed. After the first wave of action we've ...

Read full post

Letter from the CSM: Greetings!

By CCP Diagoras
| Comments

Here is the first letter from the CSM letting you know what they're up to, what they would like some feedback on and what they've got planned. Letter from the CSM: CSM 7 took office on April 4th, and we are already off to a very good start.

Read full post

Alliance Tournament X final roll call

By CCP Loxy
| Comments

Applications for commentators close on Sunday, April 29 at 23:59. Anyone looking to become a commentator needs to get this application submitted as soon as possible. Check out this blog for all necessary information and don’t miss out on one of the greatest opportunities an eve player has to mingle with CCP, spend two weeks in Iceland and become an internet spaceship celebrity! Players can now submit adverts for the alliance tournament, there is no charge to submit a video and it will be seen b...

Read full post

Nine glorious years of EVE Online on May 6th

By CCP Manifest
| Comments

Greetings Pilots! SciFiMagically, each year brings more pilots living, warring, trading and socializing in the EVE universe than the year before. “SciFiMagically” because, well, that’s not really happening in other MMOs. And later this year we’re adding some dudes on those planets around you—dudes that you will be able to shoot at. It’s like the biggest universe in gaming is going to get bigger without actually expanding? SciFiMagic.

Read full post

What is going on with mineral prices?

By CCP Dr.EyjoG
| Comments

Afternoon all profit seeking pod pilots, We have noticed in the past few weeks increased discussion on our forums with regards to what is going on in the EVE economy these days. The fact is that a whole lot is going on – and it is about to become a even more interesting when the changes described in this DevBlog earlier in April will take place.

Read full post

U and I – Our Little Improvements Together V2

By CCP karkur
| Comments

Hi spacefriends, I am back to tell you about a few little things my team and I are bringing you in The Escalation to Inferno. Some of you might remember my first devblog, U and I – Our Little Improvements Together, which was published a few weeks ago. The comment thread was very positive and helpful, and I want to thank everyone who participated for the warm welcome! The discussion was constructive and it was fun collaborating with you guys and the overall positive attitude was very motivating....

Read full post

Ewareness for DeBuff-alo Soldiers

By CCP karkur
| Comments

Hi everyone, I wrote my first devblog a few weeks ago and you were all so nice that I figured I should write another one... plus I actually have stuff to tell you about. I think we have all been webified or ewared in one way or another. To be honest, the whole thing is very confusing for a noob like me. I have lost a few ships because I had no idea that I was being warp scrambled and when I finally realized it and tried to find the attacker in the overview, it was too late. I'm sure some of you...

Read full post

Spaceship Murder Notifications

By CCP Punkturis
| Comments

(The title of this devblog actually originated with CSM Chair Seleene) As you all know Team Super Friends has been working on the War Mechanics for Inferno. Part of that was to make a War Report as you have seen in this dev blog by CCP SoniClover. Clicking on a kill there and having the old blob of text killmail pop up made us a little bit sad. Super Friends don't like being sad so we decided to be awesome instead and give the killmails a facelift!

Read full post

UK Pricing Provides Sterling Service

By CCP Garlakadl
| Comments

Greetings Capsuleers, I’m CCP Garlakadl, the producer responsible for CCP’s billing and account management team, and I’m writing to share the great new pricing options we have for our UK players. As announced by CCP Unifex at Fanfest, our UK players will finally be able to pay for their game time and services using pounds sterling (GBP).

Read full post

NVIDIA Video Card for PLEX Offer

By CCP Manifest
| Comments

If you were attending Fanfest 2012 or watching the live stream, you may remember the graphics technology section of the CCP Presents! keynote, with our partners NVIDIA, and the stunning possibilities for future developments of EVE’s look and feel. As well as presenting an amazing demonstration of new technology in the field, Halldor Fannar (CCP CTO) and Tony Tamasi (NVIDIA Senior Vice President Content and Technology) announced a unique special offer enabling the exchange of PLEX for the GeForc...

Read full post

Team Security - Now with 100% more Anti-RMT

By CCP Sreegs
| Comments

Greetings Internet Space Commanders! There are a few items I want to touch upon here for clarification before I get low-down and dirty on some recent activity. Not everyone can find their way to Fanfest so there's a few bullet points which are in my opinion game changers on the anti-botting front from Fanfest that I want to make certain I memorialize in Dev Blog format.

Read full post