Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for March 2012

The 2012 Alliance Panel at Fanfest

By CCP Navigator
| Comments

We just had the most successful EVE Fanfest ever, where the players hugged and the high fives flew--and where a player in EVE Online bombarded a squad of mercenaries on a planet in the same universe but on a different game platform in real time with coordination from a DUST 514 player opposing them. But this isn’t about that.

Read full post

In search of Unity

By CCP Shiny
| Comments

Hi, my name is CCP Shiny and I am writing on behalf of Team Stonehenge to bring you the latest updates for our localized clients. But if you are playing on the English client, you may want to read on, too, because there is a goodie hidden in there for you as well. Let's start with a little history: When we did the localization for Russian and German, one of the core issues was how much we should actually translate. On one hand, we didn't want to divide, or shard, the EVE universe by client lang...

Read full post

Changes to War Mechanics

By CCP SoniClover
| Comments

Hello capsuleers, The main feature work for Team Super Friends for Inferno is redesigning the War Declaration system (you know, Inferno being war themed and all). We’ve already made great progress (which I will outline below), but as Inferno is slated for May, we still have a way to go. This means that there will be some speculations and ifs and buts in here, as it remains to be seen how far we can take this for now. The first question we asked ourselves is why touch the war dec system at all? ...

Read full post

DirectX 11 Tessellation Tech Demo at Fanfest 2012

By CCP Solomon
| Comments

Speaking during the “CCP Presents” Keynote at EVE Fanfest 2012, CCP’s CTO Halldor Fannar and Tony Tamasi (SVP Content & Technology) from Nvidia gave a demonstration of dynamic tessellation using the Sansha Revenant carrier that first invaded during the EVE Online: Incursion expansion.

Read full post

CSM 7 - The Results

By CCP Diagoras
| Comments

CSM7 Elections: The Results! The CSM election results were announced earlier by the CEO of CCP, CCP Hellmar, at the EVE Online Fanfest here in Reykjavik. This election has been astonishing to watch, with more campaigning and space drama than we’ve seen in any election so far.

Read full post

Alliance Tournament X announced!

By CCP Loxy
| Comments

CCP Unifex, during the EVE Keynote at Fanfest 2012, announced that the 10th Alliance Tournament will begin on June 30, 2012. With new Battlecruisers, boosted Destroyers and enhanced Assault Frigates, we will be spicing up the rule set once again and bringing in some new faces and fresh ideas for EVE TV's coverage.

Read full post

EVE Launcher Issues

By CCP Unifex
| Comments

EVE pilots, We have had two prominent issues pop up during the release of our new EVE launcher. This blog spells out workarounds for the 2 main problems and to let you know what plans are in place to push out fixes. These explanations are going to get technical. Issue 1 - File Permissions Issue description: If, during patching, you see something like this error stack which ends with “WindowsError” this may be the issue; Traceback (most recent call last): File "lib\update.pyc", line 527, in Upda...

Read full post

Little Improvements and a Cake

By CCP Punkturis
| Comments

Hi, I'm CCP Punkturis of Team Super Friends with yet another Little Things update. The changes listed below were all released with Crucible 1.5 on March, 13, 2012. These changes are to follow up on the feedback from my last dev blog.

Read full post

U and I - Our Little Improvements Together

By CCP karkur
| Comments

Hi everyone, I'm CCP karkur, and I'm here to tell you guys about a number of Little Things my team, Team Avatar, is bringing you in the next point release. But first let me introduce myself: I'm a UI programmer and I've been with CCP for almost 4 and a half years, yet this is my first dev blog so please be nice :).

Read full post

Rebalancing EVE, one ship at a time

By CCP Ytterbium
| Comments

I always find it fascinating how the most life threatening issues often come up from the smallest, most innocent moves. For instance, you could enjoy a meal at home, drop the dirty cutlery into the sink with the firm intention to clean it the day after, only to realize two weeks have passed and the kitchen is now inhabited by a new indigenous, hostile life-form derived from all the junk you forgot to wash during that time. The same shocking, and quite horrifying principles apply with ship balan...

Read full post

CSM 7 Elections - Final candidate list

By CCP Diagoras
| Comments

The application and nomination stages of this election period have now closed, and as such the listing of the candidates who will appear on the final ballot is now available. We received 57 candidacy applications, of which we accepted 49. Four later decided to withdraw their applications and five did not pass the nomination stage.

Read full post

Price Indices – February 2012

By CCP Recurve
| Comments

There can be little doubt about what the coolest aspect of EVE is. Inflation, money supply and the velocity of money is where it‘s at, right? Well, that‘s what this blog is about. Three of four main price indices show considerable inflation in February, ranging from 1.4% for the Consumer Price Index to 8.1% for the Mineral Price Index. This inflation has been evident since last August. Many have suggested that this is caused by the rewards coming from Incursions. There‘s certainly a lot of mone...

Read full post