Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for 2011

Community Communication Liaisons – The return of the volunteer moderator program

By CCP Navigator
| Comments

Last week we mentioned in this blog that CCP is in the process of bringing back the volunteer moderator program and I wanted to give you a progress update. The Community team is now accepting applications from prospective candidates who would be interested in becoming part of ISD (Interstellar Services Division) to join forces with us to keep the forums a lively and informative resource for the EVE community. While the timing may seem a bit off considering the recent restructuring of CCP, parti...

Read full post

Ship-troduction: The Gallente Talos

By CCP Guard
| Comments

As we speak, our artists (don‘t worry, I don‘t actually get to draw ships) and game designers are working on the Talos, making sure it‘s ready for the abuse you guys are planning to put it through following our upcoming winter expansion. Click to enlarge Many of you will recognize the ship model as the Seraphim from the „EVE Online: Create a starship contest“ on Deviant Art.

Read full post

Crashes, an update

By CCP Redundancy
| Comments

It’s been a tough week in many ways, but I wanted to share some updates on the crash reporting that we put in, and what we’ve learned and done about it: We’ve listened to the fact that some of you want to have the ability to turn crash reporting off – as such, you should be able to run with /noBreakpadUpload as a startup argument for Eve starting from Tuesday’s patch to disable this. Rolled into that patch – fixes for 3 or 4 of the top reported crashes that were easy and safe to make. For the W...

Read full post

Community Team – The road ahead

By CCP Navigator
| Comments

Following the announcement by CCP Manifest on Wednesday, October 19 concerning the goals of CCP and the downsizing of staff, it became clear to many players that the EVE Community team was one of those affected. The loss of our colleagues, friends and mentors has saddened us greatly and we wish them all the very best for the future. So what is happening with the Community team now? Will players see less communication from CCP on the development of EVE? Absolutely not.

Read full post

Ship-troduction: The Minmatar Tornado

By CCP Guard
| Comments

As we have hinted at, the Tornado, originally designed by dreamwa1ker from Deviant Art (Pattern Clarc in EVE), is warping into the 2011 winter expansion...and it‘s bringing friends. We couldn‘t just give the Minmatar a new ship and leave the other factions out (NPC military escalation doesn’t work like that), so, in the spririt of mutually assured destruction, each of the factions have sent their best engineers and scientists to the drafting boards and will also be rolling out a new tier 3 batt...

Read full post

ME SQUASH BUG: Improving the EVE experience

By CCP Redundancy
| Comments

There were many things that became apparent to us while we were going through the "experience" of releasing the first Captain's Quarters that we really needed to learn from: one of them was that we have not kept up with the advancing state of some key technologies that allow companies to deliver better products. We released a very large amount of new C++ code with the expansion, and we were all expecting that there were going to be a number of issues that we’d missed.

Read full post

Price Indices – September 2011

By CCP Recurve
| Comments

The four price indices of New Eden have been calculated for September 2011. For more detail on the indices, please refer to the Market Indices page on Evelopedia. Prices of PI made POS fuel rise by 15% from last month. The index blog for August mentioned the negative correlation between the prices of PI made POS fuel and ice products. Sure enough, this month sees ice product prices decline, but only by a meager 1.4%. This is less than one would expect, were it not for the entrepreneurial spirit...

Read full post

Is that a ship in your hangar or are you just happy to see me again?

By CCP Aporia
| Comments

We just wanted to let you know that since we had ship spinning ready and tested, we decided to get it out early. It will be on TQ on October 18th, and should hit Singularity on October 14th so that you can give it a last bit of testing to see if we missed anything critical. Here is a short overview of what it does: - Old hangar view returns, with all of it's usability, such as dragging ships into the hangar to activate them. - Captain‘s Quarters are now optional, but they will still be the defa...

Read full post

My brain was equipped with the following implants

By CCP Masterplan
| Comments

Killmails are great. They serve as reminders of good fights (or dubious mistakes). They let you measure losses inflicted on your enemy in cold hard ISK. They also demonstrate some interesting choices in ship fitting, or cargo-movement attempts. If you're so inclined, they provide a way to track your kill/death ratio, and measure it against your peers.

Read full post

Player-owned Customs Office

By CCP Omen
| Comments

Background During Fanfest 2011, CCP Fendahl and I attended the Planetary Interaction roundtable, and what was discussed there helped shape what we are about to share with you now. We hope it excites you as much as it excites us! One of the standout ideas that was mentioned during the roundtable was that players should own and operate the Planetary Customs Offices rather than some nebulous NPC entity.

Read full post

Capital ship balancing

By CCP Tallest
| Comments

I am proud to announce that this winter, we are going to release some long-anticipated ship balancing. Specifically, capital ship balancing. For a long time, there has been an outcry in the community that fleet fights are stagnating and are just not as fun as they should be. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of pages of forum threads dedicated to this subject both on the official EVE Online forums, other EVE forums, as well as in blogs and articles.

Read full post

A letter to the followers of EVE

By CCP Hellmar
| Comments

Dear Followers of EVE Online, The past few months have been very humbling for me. I’ve done much soul searching, and what follows is my sincere effort to clear the air with all of you. Please bear with me as I find my way through. The estrangement from CCP that many of you have been feeling of late is my fault, and for that I am truly sorry.

Read full post

Price Indices - August 2011

By CCP Recurve
| Comments

The four price indices of New Eden have been calculated for August 2011. Allow me to apologize for how late this is published. I will try to deliver future index blogs in a more timely manner. For more detail on the indices, please refer to the Market Indices page on Evelopedia. Datacore prices rose by almost 7% in August. This is a rebound from the drop caused by the changes to the agent system in June. The changes improved agent quality and reduced their standing requirements, possibly spurri...

Read full post

Time Dilation Video Demo

By CCP Veritas
| Comments

Intrepid Space Commandos, With work on the Time Dilation feature of Eve entering the public testing phase, I sat myself down in front of a camera in our local beer cave to give you all a quick demonstration of what Time Dilation is, what it looks like, and how it applies to Caldari family reunions. Enjoy!

Read full post

EVE updating - Winter expansion 2011

By CCP Zulu
| Comments

We hinted that we’re up to something big. Following Hilmars letter to the community it’s time to unveil the first step of actions we’re taking. As we said we are planning something unparalleled. A significant part of that plan is the immediate refocusing of all the EVE development teams on EVE’s core gameplay: spaceships. More programmers, more testers, more designers and more artists than ever working on bringing you meaningful and engaging improvements and additions to EVE. Before we can elab...

Read full post

Introducing Racial Captain‘s Quarters

By CCP t0rfifrans
| Comments

The three remaining Captain’s Quarters have just arrived on Singularity and are almost ready for their final deployment to Tranquility in the upcoming October release. We released Captain’s Quarters in the EVE Online: Incarna expansion earlier this year. In its first incarnation, all stations throughout the EVE universe used the same Captain’s Quarters, namely the rusty and damp Minmatar ones. Some devout Amarrian role players were considerably angered, many chic Gallentean holoreel financiers ...

Read full post

The moments that define history

By CCP Zulu
| Comments

Intrepid pilots of New Eden! Over the past days and weeks, CCP has been doing extensive and intense introspection and revitalization. The result of this is a refocusing and reprioritization on a scale unheard of within our company. These are indeed defining times. Torfi’s most recent dev blog provides some indication of what’s to come.

Read full post

Generic Patcher and Multi payload installer

By CCP Cascade
| Comments

Hello! I am CCP Cascade, Associate Technical Producer working in the Core Technology Group. I have been given the role of Internet Herald to tell you about some of the projects the Core Infrastructure team, CCP Atropos, CCP Mandrake, CCP Sputnik, and CCP TopKnot have recently worked on.

Read full post

You just won a brand new flat screen TV: Ready for pickup in your local Captain’s Quarter

By CCP Optimal
| Comments

You might or might not have noticed a thread a couple of weeks back where some rather tech-savvy EVE players managed to fiddle with a couple of files in the client, effectively enabling them to put their own video content onto the Captain’s Quarters main screen. Although we worship the sandbox and love it when you use our game to do things we could never have foreseen, we really don’t like it when people start fiddling with the EVE client files, mostly because it may get you into trouble the ne...

Read full post
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next