Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for November 2011

A 60 day trial key for your favorite soon-to-be EVE player

By CCP Hekatonkheires
| Comments

Greetings again Capsuleers, Crucible is here. It has new nebulae, new ships, scalable UI, lots of balancing lots of cool features and a plethora of tweaks and fixes. It’s been a long few months of getting back to the roots of EVE, and we hope this shows you, the players, our direction for the foreseeable future.

Read full post

Re-inventing the trails

By CCP Mankiller
| Comments

I remember trails in EVE. A long time ago we really had them. In my memory they were cool. And beautiful. So I installed Empyrean Age again and played a little bit on one of our reference servers, “Classic client” of course. And it was then I realized that the old trails were actually really cool, but not exactly what I would call beautiful.

Read full post

Introducing Cerberus

By CCP Shiny
| Comments

Hi, we are CCP Shiny and CCP Ronin and are writing on behalf of EVE Localization and Teams Stonehenge and Cerberus. We want to talk a bit about Localization and more specifically Cerberus, the new localization technology behind EVE Online that will be shipping incrementally, starting with the Crucible expansion. “Isn’t localization just about translating words into another language?” I hear you say.

Read full post

We came, we saw…we were slaughtered.

By CCP Diagoras
| Comments

As most of you are no doubt aware, many CCP employees were slaughtered in the Tama system yesterday in an unprecedented Live Event announced that same day. 71 members of the CCP in-game alliance took part and were (except for a handful of cowards who warped their capsules out!) eventually sent back to our home system of Polaris in need of new clones. Our goal was to mobilize a sizeable fleet of devs that would be tough enough to not be wiped out in minutes, but eventually we hoped to attract en...

Read full post

Starbase tweaks: an update

By CCP Greyscale
| Comments

You may remember from the earlier blog (hint: read that blog if you haven't already) that we're making some adjustments to starbases in Crucible. Based on discussion in the feedback thread, we have made some changes to our plan, which will be detailed here. ERRATA: Disregard all mention of "offline timers"; starbase structures will continue to offline instantly.

Read full post

Corp locations > bookmarks in cans

By CCP Tuxford
| Comments

As some of you might know we've been working on something called Corp Locations (formerly called corp bookmarks). The concept is quite simple really. Once Crucible is released, you will be able to share your bookmarks with your corp so anyone in the corp can see them and use them. Well, you're not exactly sharing them, what you are really doing is copying them and giving them to the corp.

Read full post

...And Papercuts Were Had By All

By CCP Anthelios
| Comments

Hi all, this is CCP Anthelios along with CCP Soulblighter, CCP Booster, and CCP Space Cadet. We are all programmers working in the Atlanta office on the World of Darkness project. During recent planning we discovered that we had a unique opportunity. We had about 3 weeks of downtime before starting up our next project and were asked if we would like to help out with Crucible, the Winter 2011 EVE expansion.

Read full post

Little improvements: Making the world a little better

By CCP Punkturis
| Comments

Hi! I‘m going to tell you about a few of the UI improvements team BFF have been working on for Crucible. Corporation Wallet Tooltip For pilots who manage corporation wallets it can be handy to see the corporation wallet balance when you hover on the wallet button in the Neocom, instead of your personal wallet balance.

Read full post

Turret Effects: I don‘t always miss, but when I do...I do it with style.

By CCP Choloepus
| Comments

Greetings, denizens of New Eden! I'm CCP Choloepus, one of the code monkeys in the Core Graphics team, and I'd like to talk about the turrets which adorn your wonderful space vessels. As some of you may have noticed on Singularity, the effects from these turrets will soon visibly fail to hit your target when the server decides that the shot went astray. Click to enlarge This feature has been a long time coming.

Read full post

Asking for directions

By CCP Mannapi
| Comments

Hi there. I am CCP Mannapi from the TriLambda team, aka the space art people. We are working on the new nebulas, with the goal of adding a sense of direction and location to the world of Eve. When looking at the flattened star map you have the concept of north, south, west and east. To see which direction you are facing you can open the mini map (F11) and look at the cone of vision.

Read full post

Anomalies revisited

By CCP Greyscale
| Comments

Back in March we made some changes to the way anomalies were distributed in sovereign space. These changes were a bigger nerf, to more people, than we had assumed they would be. We're not happy with the way they've turned out, so we're making some changes to address some of the problems. We still want to achieve the basic goals stated in March, namely ensuring that there's proper differentiation between different areas of space in terms of the value of the PvE content, for all the reasons previ...

Read full post

Player Owned Customs Offices: An update!

By CCP Omen
| Comments

Hello! First of all we want to thank you for all your feedback and interest in the Player Owned Customs Office! We have gone through the thread and thanks to the efforts of the community team as well as Team Pi members sitting up all night following the thread we believe we have a pretty good grasp on your feedback and your concerns (let us know if we don't). One thing that really stood out was your concern for the transition period when all customs offices will be removed.

Read full post

Improvements to the fitting window

By CCP Optimal
| Comments

Dear citizens of New Eden. I’m proud to announce to you that after 8 years of hard work we’ve finally developed software technology advanced enough to calculate the damage output of your current ship. This comes in the shape of a new panel in the fitting screen, displaying the average damage per second that your turrets, drones and missiles are able to dish out, as well as the total sum of the above (yes, the new technology is also advanced enough to add up numbers).

Read full post

Introducing the Eve Launcher

By CCP Topknot
| Comments

Hi, I‘m CCP TopKnot, one of the tallest and hairiest employees of CCP. My team, the Core Infrastructure team, is arguably the most productive team in CCP, baking-wise. When we are not busy baking delicious treats, we work on the installers, patches and the Repair Tool. Recently, we put out a devblog about the generic patches and the multi payload installer.

Read full post

Dedicated follower of fashion

By CCP Solomon
| Comments

Greetings Fashionistas, A simply divine feature is making its way to you this winter, and we just can't wait to tell you all about it! The Avatar Viewer does exactly as the name suggests: it allows you to view an animated, full body render of the character or agent you are inspecting, complete with camera controls and their latest clothing choices. Click to enlarge When selecting to Show Info on a character, you’ll still be able to click the magnifying glass on their portrait to get a higher re...

Read full post

Ship-troduction: The Caldari Naga

By CCP Guard
| Comments

Last but certainly not least in the line of ships en route to TQ in the upcoming Winter Expansion, is the Caldari Naga. Click to enlarge The Naga is based on David L‘s „Caldari battleship“ design, from the Create a Starship contest, which has now been repurposed for battlecruiser duty. In the earthly cultures of old, „Nāga“ referred to „the great snake“ which is fitting as the Caldari Naga can deliver a deadly bite up close, or spit death from afar. Click to enlarge Equally capable of fitting l...

Read full post

Pinch yourself: More bosses, more modules, more loot, less lurking, less scraps, less pop-up bother

By CCP Affinity
| Comments

Attention explorers! I am CCP Affinity from Team BFF and we have many exciting features in store for you this winter. CCP Bettik and CCP Big Dumb Object, formerly of Team Commie Pinkos, have joined the BFF ranks to form a multidisciplinary Flying in Space super team that's been making stuff for the Winter Expansion! In an on-going commitment to iterate on existing content we've been filling the gaps for the DED complexes.

Read full post

Introducing New Nebulae into EVE

By CCP t0rfifrans
| Comments

We are not colluding with your internet service provider As some of you may know already, we have plans to update the nebulae backgrounds of EVE with more modern graphics. The goal behind updating these graphics, as so often, is not to do it simply for the sake of updating graphics and having you download new textures because we are secretly working with your pay-per-megabyte ISP, but instead to deepen the immersion, in this case to make the world more real and give people a better sense of sca...

Read full post

Death to the session-change timer!

By CCP Atlas
| Comments

(by "death" I mean "let's reduce it a little") What is the session-change timer? The session-change timer is the 30 second delay that you must endure between consecutive session-changes. Waiting for "Scotty the Docking Manager", "smacktalking with your fleet" or "stepping out to find a bush", are all well known indications that you've hit this timer.

Read full post
Prev 1 2 Next