Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for September 2011

Time Dilation Video Demo

By CCP Veritas
| Comments

Intrepid Space Commandos, With work on the Time Dilation feature of Eve entering the public testing phase, I sat myself down in front of a camera in our local beer cave to give you all a quick demonstration of what Time Dilation is, what it looks like, and how it applies to Caldari family reunions. Enjoy!

Read full post

Introducing Racial Captain‘s Quarters

By CCP t0rfifrans
| Comments

The three remaining Captain’s Quarters have just arrived on Singularity and are almost ready for their final deployment to Tranquility in the upcoming October release. We released Captain’s Quarters in the EVE Online: Incarna expansion earlier this year. In its first incarnation, all stations throughout the EVE universe used the same Captain’s Quarters, namely the rusty and damp Minmatar ones. Some devout Amarrian role players were considerably angered, many chic Gallentean holoreel financiers ...

Read full post

The moments that define history

By CCP Zulu
| Comments

Intrepid pilots of New Eden! Over the past days and weeks, CCP has been doing extensive and intense introspection and revitalization. The result of this is a refocusing and reprioritization on a scale unheard of within our company. These are indeed defining times. Torfi’s most recent dev blog provides some indication of what’s to come.

Read full post

You just won a brand new flat screen TV: Ready for pickup in your local Captain’s Quarter

By CCP Optimal
| Comments

You might or might not have noticed a thread a couple of weeks back where some rather tech-savvy EVE players managed to fiddle with a couple of files in the client, effectively enabling them to put their own video content onto the Captain’s Quarters main screen. Although we worship the sandbox and love it when you use our game to do things we could never have foreseen, we really don’t like it when people start fiddling with the EVE client files, mostly because it may get you into trouble the ne...

Read full post

News from the fontlines

By CCP Punkturis
| Comments

Ola! I'm CCP Punkturis of Team BFF and I'm here to talk about font changes. Yup you heard me F O N T changes! I know you have all had problems with differentiating between I1, O0, 5S, 6G&, 8B and I don't blame you: So let me present Eve Sans Neue, where you can see the difference between letters: We’re still tuning this, don’t worry if some screenshots look a bit wonky right now.

Read full post

Fanfest 2012 Announced!

By CCP Tyr
| Comments

EVE Online Fanfest 2012: March 22-24 The Eighth Party at the Top of the World... now in a new location! It is time to start marking your calendars for the 2012 Fanfest in Reykjavik, Iceland, held for the first time in the brand new Harpa Concert Hall and Conference Centre; an amazing new home for Fanfest that welcomes us with open arms. I guess it is also time for me to reintroduce myself to all of you since my debut in Fanfest 2009 (actually I was the event manager for Fanfest '07 and Fanfest ...

Read full post

CSM Special Summit – meeting minutes are out

By CCP Xhagen
| Comments

Several well-known things lead to a special CSM summit being held in Iceland the 30th of June – 1st of July on very short notice. This summit consisted of three main topics: the latest expansion, EVE Online: Incarna and the introduction of Captain’s Quarters; the debut of the Noble Exchange; and CCP’s plans for the sale of virtual goods in EVE. At the end of the summit, a summary of the conclusions was published when it concluded, and as with all CSM summits so far the minutes were to follow so...

Read full post

Responsible Disclosure - Reporting Security Issues

By CCP Sreegs
| Comments

Greetings Internet Space Citizens! This is a topic that while near and dear to my heart, is something that's kind of languished for a while and I'm happy to begin talking about with youtoday here on the Internet. Firstly, I want to spend some time on process and what goes into developing a web application at CCP.

Read full post

CAKs and Contracts in the API

By CCP Elerhino
| Comments

For a while now we've had the latest API updates running on a SISI setup on apitest.eveonline.com as well as the new key management web on supporttest.eveonline.com. Most of you API-savvy programmers probably know how the new toys work to every last detail, but I'm still going to spell them out just to make sure everything is clear. Customizable API Keys You've been asking for this one for a while now and here it is.

Read full post

Price Indices – July 2011

By CCP Recurve
| Comments

The four price indices of New Eden have been calculated for July 2011. For more detail on the indices, please refer to the price level chapter of the QEN. The Mineral Price Index seem to be stabilizing after a sharp fall in the last two months, but individual minerals are still fluctuating a bit. The 2.4% fall in the Primary Producer Price Index is mainly driven by a 13% fall in the price of Technetium. Technetium prices had been rising steadily since Tech II blueprint requirements were changed...

Read full post