Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for July 2011

Contracts in the API

By CCP Elerhino
| Comments

Hello! We have been working on a new set of API pages that will give you access to Contract information. This functionality is due for a late August deployment but we wanted to get an early devblog out there to introduce our ideas and get some feedback from the experts on the other end. The Problem Contracts and Market Orders are very similar, and have caused us similar headaches, in terms of how do we give API consumers usable information without causing too much strain on the EVE datastore.

Read full post

CSM prioritization crowdsourcing

By CCP Diagoras
| Comments

The CSM has just started their latest round of prioritization crowdsourcing, here's what they have to say: Several times a year, the CSM enlists the aid of the community in helping us prioritize the issues that CSM has raised with CCP. The results of this crowdsourcing effort helps guide the CSM's efforts during not only our regular summit meetings, but also the all-important CCP release planning process.

Read full post

Telemetry on Tranquility

By CCP Veritas
| Comments

Kids like to show off their new toys. I fancy myself a large kid, and we got a new performance analysis toy on TQ recently, so I want to show it off to you. This is a very handy tool that we use during fleet fights and other high-load situations to see exactly what the server is spending its time on. I put together a quick little video at home with my crappy webcam about a month ago to show it off to you.

Read full post

Live Events: Only the Beginning

By CCP Headfirst
| Comments

Without going into too much detail about how much fun we had doing the Sansha Reborn live events last year or how pleased we are with the overwhelmingly positive reaction to them (you can watch/listen to CCP Dropbear and me whining about all that here, here, here, here, here, here and here), we'd just like to say thank you to the EVE Online community for once again amazing us with your input and helping us define one of the game's most iconic expansions.

Read full post

CSM May summit - meeting minutes are out

By CCP Xhagen
| Comments

The CSM 6 and CCP had their first summit from Wednesday, May 18 to Friday, May 20, 2011. During this summit they discussed Flying in Space with Team BFF, the future of EVE with CCP t0rfifrans and CCP Zulu, the EVE-Dust 514 link with CCP TomB and much more. Full meeting minutes are available at this link.

Read full post

Coming Soon: EVE is Real

By CCP Hekatonkheires
| Comments

EVE is Real because of you. We're about to launch an advertising campaign using a creative and different approach to the way we've done it in the past. At first glance that may not seem super exciting to an existing EVE Online player, but what sits at its center has a lot of potential to be.

Read full post

NeX Retail Pricing Strategy

By CCP Zinfandel
| Comments

As requested in last week's special CSM summit EVE Online players and the Council of Stellar Management have been asking questions, looking to understand the pricing strategy unfolding in the in-game virtual goods store The Noble Exchange (NeX.) The store opened with relatively few items, which was "by design" so we could take small measured initial steps in virtual goods sales.

Read full post

Accord reached at CCP's special summit

By CCP Navigator
| Comments

CCP Zulu published a dev blog on Sunday, June 26 which talked about an upcoming summit with the CSM and CCP to "discuss the events of the past week, to help us define and address the real underlying concerns, and to assist us in defining and iterating on our virtual goods strategy." During the last two days the CSM have discussed these issues with CCP Zulu (Senior Producer for EVE Online), CCP Soundwave (Lead Game Designer, Flying in Space) and CCP Flying Scotsman (Lead Game Designer, Incarna).

Read full post

Price Indices - June 2011

By CCP Recurve
| Comments

Price Indices - June 2011 The four price indices of New Eden have been calculated for June 2011. For more detail on the indices, please refer to the price level chapter of the QEN. Mineral prices fall considerably for the second month in a row. Mineral volume traded and used in ship production is falling. The market seems to be cooling off after a period of expansion and inflation around the EVE Online: Incursion release. Datacore prices have fallen sharply since May, when changes were made to t...

Read full post