Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for May 2011

Srsly, which one is the original?

By CCP Explorer
| Comments

For years industrialists have been faced with finding those precious originals in the monotone sea of blueprint originals and blueprint copies. This is the story of how we fixed it. First things first: Why did they look the same to begin with? The problem had to do with type IDs in our inventory system; a blueprint that made "Ogres" or "Thoraxes" had a certain type ID regardless of it being an original (BPO) or a copy (BPC) and that type ID defined what that blueprint was for. As the type ID is ...

Read full post

CarbonUI and EVE Online: Incursion 1.6

By CCP Snorlax
| Comments

With this release, we are introducing the new CarbonUI framework into EVE. You shouldn't see much difference - with this round of changes we have fixed the underlying code, not the user interface itself. This step was made possible by the UI corification that happened last year.

Read full post

Incarna. Welcome your future.

By CCP Zulu
| Comments

For quite some time we‘ve talked about Incarna and what we want it to be. Internally we've argued how best to use it to open even more opportunities to those who rule EVE's universe. We‘ve held tech demos, shown concept pieces, thrown around feature ideas and spoken about our vision-all with an excitement charged with the vast potential EVE has to offer.

Read full post

Give me monocles or give me death!

By CCP Zulu
| Comments

Who hasn't looked at their character and thought, "What this bad boy needs is a monocle?" or "Snakeskin boots, that's where it's at!" Hell, who hasn't looked at their ship and wished it had racing stripes or was full-on chromed. Seriously! Well, you're probably not getting any of that. What I'm driving at is that a lot of people want to be able to customize their characters, ships or surroundings to either make themselves stand out or because they like pretty things or maybe they just like playi...

Read full post

Customizable API keys goes live for testing

By CCP Stillman
| Comments

Greetings! As you might recall, some months ago we discussed the prospect of an upgraded API which would support "customizable" API keys. Back then, it was still just in the design phase, and since then we've been hard at work to make this happen.

Read full post

Watch the Steps: Captain's Quarters and the Road to Launch

By CCP Chiliad
| Comments

It's time for an update on what's new in the Incarna front and what's included in the next public test build on Captain's Quarters. The build is up and available to all EVE players on the Duality test servers. You can find the instructions on how to get there right here. The first public test on the Duality server with an alpha stage Captain’s Quarters was a blast.

Read full post

Littlethings4lyfe

By CCP Soundwave
| Comments

It’s time for more little things! Actually, that’s not entirely true; they aren’t all little this time around. We ended up doing some larger changes we felt would have a greater impact on a higher number of people. Some of these changes just made too much sense to pass over and should positively impact the EVE experience considerably for a lot of people.

Read full post

Agents Made Easy

By CCP Molock
| Comments

Some of you will have noticed that a change to agents went out recently on Singularity. We talked a bit about these upcoming changes during Fanfest, but it's high time we explained them in a bit more detail, now that they're just about ready to be deployed on Tranquility. In fact, there are two separate changes we've made.

Read full post

0.0 tweaks

By CCP Soundwave
| Comments

We’re going to delve back into 0.0 development in the near future and I’d like to keep you guys in the loop of what we’re doing. There are going to be a few immediate changes coming out very soon and some changes over the long run. Short term: We’ve been looking into players interacting and how that ties into movement and security.

Read full post

Buddy Program Experiment - PLEX for Buddy Reward

By CCP Loktofeit
| Comments

Update May 23, 2011: Abusing the Buddy System is considered an exploit and will not be tolerated. Incidents will be handled on a case by case basis and action taken may include bans for all accounts involved and/or confiscation of ISK and items. Abuse includes, but is not limited to: farming gifts, making throw-away alts for grief-play purposes.

Read full post

Happy Birthday, EVE Online!

By CCP Fallout
| Comments

It's EVE's anniversary and we've got a gift for you. Details below... There's nothing I enjoy more after a hard day's work than docking at the CCP station in Polaris, wiping off that goopy capsuleer fluid, and heading out to the Community Corner to hang out with my team mates.

Read full post

Calling All Podcasters!

By CCP Fallout
| Comments

Hello Capsuleers! As those of you who follow me on Twitter know, I’ve been working on a wee project: a new podcast. I’ve been fairly mum about the nature of this podcast, but I am prepared to tell you today exactly what that project is, and how you can help. Have a listen… | Time: 00:01:16 | Direct download Now, I know some of you have a few questions, and I’d like to answer them in this blog: Yes, I am a female.

Read full post

PLEX for Good: Storm Relief

By CCP Fallout
| Comments

The week of April 25 saw an unprecedented number of violent storms and tornadoes in the southern-midwestern and eastern United States. Over 330 people have reportedly died in the affected areas, with Alabama being the worst hit, with 249 fatalities being reported. Beginning May 3, 2011 and ending at 23:59 UTC on May 16, 2011, CCP will be accepting PLEX donations for PLEX for Good: Storm Relief.

Read full post

The new EVE forums - technical underpinnings

By CCP Rhayger
| Comments

As most of you are aware, we recently launched the new EVE forums with a bit of a resounding thud. CCP Sreegs has done an outstanding job both addressing the issues as they occurred and messaging to you folks the current state of affairs and what we are doing about it – I think we web guys owe him a case or two at least.

Read full post