Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for February 2011

CEO's Letter: EVE Fanfest

By CCP Hellmar
| Comments

It seems like just a session change ago that we first decided to truly test the mettle of EVE pilots and see if they would be equally as willing to venture to Iceland for a real life get together as they were to rampage around nullsec. Turns out they were—more so than our wildest dreams imagined.

Read full post

To click or not to click, that's the pressing question

By CCP Optimal
| Comments

As many of you might have noticed the EVE shortcut system had a major facelift not so long ago. Although the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, there have been some issues that keep surfacing on the forums. What you are reading is a micro dev blog attempting to clear up the confusion and collect some feedback on how we might be able to meet your button bashing needs even further in future expansions. Combat shortcuts are a new concept based on an old invention, the basic inspira...

Read full post

The Forums are Evolving

By CCP Paradox
| Comments

Hi Everyone! CCP Paradox here and I am working with Team Occam's Razor. This is the team that is responsible for EVE Gate and the new Official Forums. "When do we get the new forums?" "The new forums will never come out!" Well if you're reading this, chances are the new forums are already up and available for public testing! You can find them here: https://testforums.evegate.com/ Please also give your feedback, comments, suggestions and ideas in this post here: https://testforums.evegate.com/def...

Read full post

Out of the Shadows: New Faction Modules and Updated Complexes

By CCP Big Dumb Object
| Comments

Aces High *start encrypted transmission* Hey. You. Yeah, you, at the computer. You like shooting pirates, right? Blood Raiders, Serpentis, Guristas, the rest, they all blow up real good. But you’re way out in nullsec, and you’ve already popped your share of belt rats? You wanna try something new? It’s cool.

Read full post

Singularity 'The Rules They Are A-Changin'

By CCP Oneiromancer
| Comments

My name is CCP Oneiromancer - Minion Mistress, lolcat enthusiast, crowbar owner, also known as “scary lady”. Part of my responsibilities as QA Lead for EVE is player support and supervision on the test server, Singularity. Enforcing rules on Singularity has become an increasingly difficult and time-consuming task in the last few months as the increase in the number of players using the test server has led to an increase in incidents.

Read full post

Looking Ahead: Captain's Quarters and the Road to Incarna

By CCP Chiliad
| Comments

Tl;dr: Incarna is coming. Srsly. I am CCP Chiliad, representing the teams working on the first Incarna feature coming your way. Last time I worked on EVE directly was with the Apocrypha expansion on Tech 3 ships, New Player Experience and the Skill Queue. CCP Zulu asked for our help from the Atlanta office in order to keep solid focus on developing EVE as you currently know it and still push Incarna out into open–so here we are. We now have the technology and designs together to a point of conve...

Read full post

Changes to the Image Export Collection

By CCP Atlas
| Comments

Warning! Nerdy 3rd party developer stuff ahead! We've recently made some changes to the Image Export Collection package that I think you will like. Structural changes The structure of the image export collection has recently been changed a bit to make it more consistent and easier to use. Instead of a single archive, now there are three. Types Renders Icons The reason for splitting these up is that the complete IEC is much bigger than it was before and this way you can just download what you wan...

Read full post

Size doesn't matter

By CCP Soundwave
| Comments

The past releases, Team Best Friends Forever has been working on large features, our latest being Incursions. Next release will be different though; next release we'll be trying to track down all the small things that annoy you and working to correct them. It's a pretty simple concept.

Read full post

Missiles Hate My Hamsters

By CCP Veritas
| Comments

Hi there. Thanks for taking a break from your Incursion-fighting to read this here devblog. It's about missiles and CPUs and stuff. I want to preface all of this by saying that the changes are not on TQ yet. We are going to turn on individual elements one-at-a-time, analyze the results, and once we have a good analysis, make changes and turn on the next one.

Read full post