Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for July 2010

Iterative development and what's happening in 2011

By CCP Zulu
| Comments

Hey all, I'm CCP Zulu (formerly CCP Zulupark) and as of about a month ago I've assumed the role of EVE's Senior Producer. CCP t0rfifrans has moved on to become EVE's Creative Director. This means you'll be hearing a lot more from me in the future. After reading the many discussions following the publishing of the Council of Stellar Management (CSM) 5 meeting minutes, I wanted to write this dev blog to clarify some things that have been floating around, rumors and half-facts that seem to have tak...

Read full post

When patching fails, repair

By CCP Mandrake
| Comments

Having undergone several updates since its initial release, the new and much improved repair tool has been released, leaving me with no reservations as I give myself a high five. When EVE Online is installed you will notice that along with the Play EVE shortcut it creates in the start menu, it also creates a Repair shortcut.

Read full post

PLEX? In my space? It's more likely than you think.

By CCP Zulu
| Comments

Hey all, We're planning on making some changes to the behavior of the PLEX (Pilot's License Extension) in-game item and, at the same time, the redeeming system. I wanted to take a minute to explain what is being done and why so that we can give everyone a chance to digest the changes before they go public.

Read full post

Tyrannis Performance Improvements

By CCP Blaze
| Comments

Introduction Part of our job is to seek ways to improve performance, and as there's always room for improvement; this is a continuous process. During the Tyrannis production cycle, we organized a few mass fleet fights at regular intervals on the test server (Singularity) in order to investigate and scrutinize any performance issues by actively monitoring these massive engagements.

Read full post