Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for June 2009

Apocrypha 1.5 this August

By CCP t0rfifrans
| Comments

Things have been silent on the dev front since the release of Apocrypha this March. Apocrypha was a major success for EVE Online. We rose to new heights in terms of concurrent players and subscribers, and more importantly, we are very proud of the new features and functionality it provided. Now we are working hard on our winter expansion.

Read full post

Fanfest 2009: It's going to be awesome!

By CCP Tyr
| Comments

So to start this off, maybe a quick introduction is in order. I'm CCP Tyr, the new Event Organizer in the CCP Marketing team, working mainly as the Fanfest Coordinator. I was the Event Manager for Fanfest 2007 and 2008 as a contractor bringing you exponentially crazier parties every year. Now I am a part of wonderful CCP dedicating my time making Fanfest 2009 bigger than ever! Why is Fanfest so awesome: One would guess that the main reason for attending Fanfest would be to learn about EVE's past...

Read full post

I accidentally the entire market

By CCP Diagoras
| Comments

After the release of the last statistics dev blog, one of the main requests for information to go alongside the PVP data was for information on the actual popularity of various ship types. Instead of raw numbers on how many are blown up, in this blog we shall show the relative popularity of various items against others of its type on the market throughout the past.

Read full post

How do you stop a man with SEVEN Alliance Tournaments?

By CCP Claw
| Comments

...the answer is, you don't! It's nearly that time again - time to stand up and be counted by thousands of your peers in the ultimate expression of internet spaceship gladatorial combat! Seize the moment! Gain untold glory! Backstab your alliance and cause forum drama! Today the new Alliance Tournament section of the website opens with everything that you need to know about the upcoming competition.

Read full post

Making Our Backside Bigger

By CCP Valar
| Comments

I'm Valar, the senior database administrator on the Virtual World Operations team and I'm here to introduce the changes that we are in the process of doing to Tranquility. Since I'm a database administrator, the main focus of this blog is about upgrades to our back end systems, that is, the database servers, but I will touch upon the hardware replacements we've been doing to the rest of the cluster as well. The new database servers We brought in a couple of IBM xSeries 3850 M2's, with 128 GB RAM...

Read full post

Those Endless Days!

By CCP Chronotis
| Comments

The march towards the summer solstice is fast paced in Iceland. For those of us used to more moderate latitudes, the vast amount of daylight can be good and bad. On the one hand we get to go golfing at midnight if so desired in certain parts, on the other it can play havoc with your circadian rhythm and you find yourself writing blogs at unusual hours. The Days of Apocrypha Apocrypha has seen two big patches to date. We have seen the introduction of the fourth variation subsystems with ...

Read full post

2009 is a good year .... for EVE

By CCP Dr.EyjoG
| Comments

Dear Capsuleers, This is the Quarterly Economic Newsletter (QEN) for the first quarter of 2009 (Q1). In this version we have interesting information on demographics as well as a sneek preview of some statistics for wormholes and tech III. Of course the standard information on price changes is also there in addition to the market snapshots, showing an interesting development in several items on the EVE market. Please enjoy and looking forward to the discussion on the forums.