Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for March 2009

Apocrypha API Additions

By CCP Elerhino
| Comments

As a part of the Apocrypha expansion we thought we'd add a little something to the API, namely our beloved Skill Queue. The Skill Queue is available at /char/skillqueue.xml.aspx and is a list of skills in a certain order accompanied by start and end training times.

Read full post

EVE Online Fanfest 2009

By CCP Tyr
| Comments

EVE Online Fanfest 2009 The Sixth Annual Party at the Top of the World October 1 - 3 Iceland Beckons... Are You Brave Enough to Heed the Call? It is time once again to start marking your calendars and making your reservations for the 2009 Fanfest in Reykjavik, Iceland! Get ready for another weekend of PVP tournaments, hanging out with the developers, and partying in a sea of fellow EVE Online fans.

Read full post

What Have We Done!

By CCP Gangleri
| Comments

Hi there! This is the third and final pre-Apocrypha blog from Team Epic, not to be confused with the epic mission arc teams (we blame Zulupark, he picked our team name). We're the guys and gals responsible for making that spiffy new controlling algorithm being used by the Sleeper NPC entities. There have been a lot of posts on these forums regarding our work, and that prompted us to create this blog aimed at clearing up some of the confusion that exists about the Sleeper NPCs. Here is what the N...

Read full post

Sick in the Back of an Astra: a Travel Blog

By CCP Greyscale
| Comments

Never get carsick in a contraflow - Folk wisdom A story about scanning Log of the Rusty Stork, 111.3.15 So, I'm unloading the goods at the Fed Freight station in Rancer - Jimmy came through nicely again, no hassle with cops or customs - when this geezer comes up to me and asks if I'm the owner of the Heron in bay 8B.

Read full post

Call for Candidates – The Third Council of Stellar Management

By CCP Xhagen
| Comments

Is it that time again already? Yes it is. Soon we will open the candidate applications page for the third term of the CSM (details of dates below). Like the two terms before, the full name and location of the candidate will be published, along with the candidate's character name, URL and campaign message.

Read full post

Getting High On Your Own Supply

By CCP Dropbear
| Comments

Greeting capsuleers of New Eden, I'm here to talk about one of the more insidious and longstanding human subcultures: performance enhancers. Hate them or love them, they're a part of these strange worlds we all inhabit, both the one we wake up to, and the one we log in to. When it comes to EVE Online, boosters can rear their head in all sorts of interesting places.

Read full post

The Darkness at the End of the Tunnel

By CCP Abathur
| Comments

Where are you going?" "If I told you, you'd never let me go." Greetings, warriors, mission runners, pirates, miners and hapless victims! I'm not sure if you've heard or not but we've got a new expansion coming out that has these things called wormholes. This blog is intended to help familiarize you with what you can expect from this new feature and try to remove some, but not all, of the grey area.

Read full post

Miners rejoice!

By CCP VanishingPoint
| Comments

The asteroids are getting a facelift. Better than that actually, the asteroids are now going to communicate their value through brilliant graphical treatments. I am CCP VanishingPoint and I am directing Team Hot Rocks the team responsible for delivering the new Asteroid and Ice content for Apocrypha.

Read full post

Machine Translation's Bad, m'kay?

By CCP Caedmon
| Comments

As some of you will have already noticed, EVE Online moved one step closer to world domination this weekend when both the Russian and Japanese localizations of the game were put on Singularity for public testing. Russian Since the Russian public testing we held last year, we have been localizing over 700,000 words of both new and changed content that came with Empyrean Age, Quantum Rise and Apocrypha releases.

Read full post

A Virgin Mind

By CCP Flatboy
| Comments

This dev blog was brought to you by CCP Flatboy. As Fear explained in his last dev blog, we reduced the starting skillpoints for new characters to reduce the amount of decisions new players need to make before starting to play the game.

Read full post