Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for February 2009

Caring Is Preparing

By GM Guard
| Comments

Greetings Apocryphans, Recently you‘ve had the chance to read about the construction of Apocrypha in quite some detail. The scrum teams designing and building the largest EVE Expansion ever have been doing an impressive job of keeping you informed on the progress despite their challenging schedules. I want to tell you what us GMs have been doing down in our dungeons while the scrumbags upstairs have been busy creating greatness.

Read full post

...Should You Choose to Accept It

By CCP Molock
| Comments

Some of you might have heard about a new mission system that is coming in Apocrypha. Whether you're part of the mission-running PVE fanbase or a diehard PVPer, you may have some questions. What exactly does this "new mission system" mean to you, the player? Pretty much all of the changes to the mission system resulted from our work on the "Epic Mission System" toolset.

Read full post

How the AI Pew Pews the Player

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

Hi! I am CCP Incognito, and I'm a member of Team Epic. We have been working for the last few weeks implementing a "new" AI for wormhole NPCs. Team Epic is: CCP Gangleri, CCP Oneiromancer - Quality Assurance CCP GingerDude, CCP Incognito - Software Engineering CCP Ytterbium - Design CCP Zulupark - Production Let's have some history first.

Read full post

Love the smell of burning bugs in the morning? Join the Bug Hunters!

By CCP Ginger
| Comments

Hello again! I am CCP Ginger and you may remember me .. ah well lets face it, you probably wont'! However, it is my happy duty to introduce a blog from one of our volunteer teams: the bug hunters. Please take the time to read it and if it sounds like your cup of tea, then by all means apply! Greetings citizens of New Eden! My name is Sabaoth and I am the Bug Hunter Vice Admiral, which basically means I head up the Bug Hunting volunteer team for CCP.

Read full post

Apocrypharrrrrdware!

By CCP Mindstar
| Comments

With all of these fabulous new blogs about the fancy new things coming to EVE in the rapidly approaching Apocrypha expansion, I thought I would take some time to give you all an update from down here at the Tranquility command console of Virtual World Operations. As EVE moves towards its 7th year of operation, we are continuing to improve and expand the hardware of the servers running the game, ensuring that everyone gets the most lag free experience possible. The preparations we are ma...

Read full post

How do I build a Strategic Cruiser?

By CCP Chronotis
| Comments

By now you should know that Strategic Cruisers are the new group of modular ships we are adding in Apocrypha and that these ships are assembled from five subsystems which fit into the ship hull/chassis. You should also know that most of the raw materials will be sourced from wormhole space. Here I will outline the production chain for these ships which should be familiar mechanics to many of you who have dabbled in Tech II production and shed light on the new mechanic of reverse engineering. The...

Read full post

New Fitting Screen in Apocrypha

By CCP Fendahl
| Comments

CCP Sharq and I have been working on Apocrypha as part of the mythical UI team. Essentially we form a small team creating new UI designs and reviewing the UI as needed. Being a UI design team only, we coordinate with the various scrum teams to get the designs and improvements implemented. This structure has given us the needed flexibility to adapt to the UI requirements of the scrum teams so far.

Read full post

Strategic Cruisers: A New Breed

By CCP Nozh
| Comments

“glitter is the herpes of craft supplies” Demetri Martin, because everyone else is using quotes. As we enter our sixth sprint, titled Superion, team "T3ch" is still working relentlessly towards its goals.

Read full post

“War makes thieves and peace hangs them.”

By CCP Lilith
| Comments

"War makes thieves and peace hangs them." - George Herbert EVE pilots go through a lot of hardship and mind-boggling planning to gain the upper hand in the great wars that are ongoing in EVE. Some go beyond the bounds of legitimate gameplay and, in the end, pay the ultimate EVE price - getting themselves banned from the game. Such was also the story with the latest POS bug, exploited by a relatively small number of players, but on an industrial scale. The POS exploit has now been resea...

Read full post

An Update on Linux Support

By CCP Whisper
| Comments

As some of you may know, I am the producer in charge of the project bringing EVE Online to the Mac and Linux operating systems. In order to achieve this aim, we are working in partnership with Transgaming Technologies, utilizing their Cider engine to allow EVE Online to run on the Mac OS and their Cedega engine to enable operation under Linux.

Read full post

More Queue Queue

By CCP Eris Discordia
| Comments

QueQue more. Skipping a nicely written intro that will entertain a few readers and cause others to lose interest I´ll come straight to the point: We´re developing a skill queue. I´m expecting that the bearer of good news is praised and flattered.

Read full post