Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for January 2009

I'm In Your Websites And Other Such Memes

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

The great spotlight of CCP development has now been turned to EVE’s web presence, which whilst great, has tended to grow a little ‘organically’ over the years. Now is the time to bring the websites up to the same levels of AWESOME as EVE itself. Starting Soon(tm) we will be making the first changes of many to the EVE websites.

Read full post

When Evolution Leaps Forward

By CCP Ytterbium
| Comments

"Basic research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing." Wernher von Braun (1912 - 1977), because quotes are cool Whenever I am not aimlessly hanging around in CCP offices, mumbling like a desecrated zombie, I am actually busy attempting all kinds of most interesting experiments to improve mankind's living conditions.

Read full post

Sic Iter Ad Astra - Building a New Bridge to the Stars

By CCP Whisper
| Comments

"We cannot predict the new forces, powers, and discoveries that will be disclosed to us when we reach the other planets and set up new laboratories in space. They are as much beyond our vision today as fire or electricity would be beyond the imagination of a fish." - Arthur C. Clarke Hello.

Read full post

Fury of the Apocrypha

By CCP t0rfifrans
| Comments

Yes, it‘s that time of year again. Late evenings around here and the espresso machine has been set to 11, The kitchen staff scrambles to grill what was once pretty herds of happy innocent lambs that ran through the scenic Icelandic landscape, now faceless food for the hungry developers.

Read full post

The results are in; EVE and ShaderModel support

By CCP Zulu
| Comments

On March 10th, after the Apocrypha expansion, having a graphics card that supports ShaderModel 2 will be the minimum to run EVE. This means GeForce FX (5 series) or ATI R300 (9500, x300) or compatible. EVE Classic will be replaced with EVE Premium Lite.

Read full post

I can totally run that on my Amiga

By CCP Zulu
| Comments

The way things are One of EVE's unique features (along with being an awesome game on a single server) is that it can run on pretty much any computer built after 1998. The minimum spec for graphics card and CPU has always been very reasonable to say the least, so the barrier for entry into EVE has been relatively low compared to other games.

Read full post

The Barmy STARmy

By CCP Ginger
| Comments

Hi, I'm CCP Ginger and as is my way I like to let others do the work for me, so carrying on that tradition I would like to introduce you to one of our volunteers, AeolusWind, who would like to tell you a bit about one of our volunteer teams. Hey folks, I'm AeolusWind from the volunteer team called STAR and I'd like to tell you a little bit about our team, what we do and how you can join. The STAR Team STAR stands for Support, Training and Resources and we are part of CCP's volu...

Read full post