Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for June 2008

Council of Stellar Management Summit Recap

By CCP Xhagen
| Comments

It started one year ago – the idea to revive the Council of Stellar Management (CSM) and make it even better than the original implementation. Today, after few days of organizing and processing what transpired during the CSM Summit last week, it is a time for a blog. In short, the Summit was a resounding success.

Read full post

Customer Support

By GM Zhainius
| Comments

Since EVE was launched 5 years ago the GM team has answered millions of petitions, written guides and articles to enlighten players and worked extensively with all other departments within CCP to make the EVE universe a better place for our players. While working busily in the background, the GM team hasn’t been the most visible element of CCP but we now have plans to increase our communication with the player base and to allow players to see more of what it is we do. In this blog we will tell y...

Read full post

Storytime!

By CCP RyanD
| Comments

Empyrean Age marks a big turning point for EVE Online. The cluster of New Eden has seen a lot of great storytelling and roleplaying but until now, most of that activity has been created by the players and there has been very little interaction between player created content and the content created by CCP.

Read full post

PvE Mission Content

By CCP Molock
| Comments

I thought I should write a blog to let everyone know that we at CCP have some big plans for PvE and for mission-runners in particular. To give you a sense of how much effort we’re putting into it I can reveal that we currently have eight developers working full-time on mission and deadspace creation.

Read full post

Empyrean Age and all that - Embedded Reporting!

By CCP Ginger
| Comments

"I believe in equality for everyone, except reporters and photographers." ~ Mahatma Gandhi. We have a new concept with the coming of factional warfare: Embedded Reporting. For Factional Warfare, we want our news feeds to capture the raw, tense feeling of an ongoing war. This is hard to do at present, as our reporters have remained distant from their subjects in order to retain their objectivity. Enter Embedded Reporting.

Read full post