Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for April 2008

CSM candidate applications breakdown.

By CCP Xhagen
| Comments

These are interesting times we live in. Setting up a democratic structure in EVE has not been the easiest process we have undertaken, but we truly feel it is well worth the effort because of the interest you have shown in the project. Now, this blog is to tell you a thing or two about the statistics of the applications received and the approved applicants, now lovingly referred to as candidates.* But on to the statistics. We received 97 applications. We accepted 64. We rejected 33. Rejection rea...

Read full post

Postcards from a bloody cold country

By CCP Greyscale
| Comments

This is not going to be a "here are your new features, go forth and pontificate" blog, so if you're just after hard details, you may be disappointed, sorry. Instead, I'm going to take the opportunity to just talk about some things that may or may not be interesting to some of you. The first and most important thing I wanted to talk about is the weather (can you tell that I'm British?).

Read full post

Shuttles no longer sold by NPCs

By CCP Dr.EyjoG
| Comments

No NPC sell orders for shuttles and trit prices In the latest patch a major change to the economic system of EVE was introduced when NPC sales orders for shuttles were withdrawn. Previously shuttles where available in every station at a fixed price of 9000 ISK per unit, this allowed pilots to purchase shuttles at a low price and great convenience.

Read full post

Keeping the Hoff out of EVE

By CCP Ginger
| Comments

While the title of this blog may have some of you crying in dismay, rest assured that everything is fine. I got quite lucky this time as I asked the head of the next team I'm going to talk about to write a bit, and he wrote a lot, enough so that I don’t really have to say much in fact! So, without further ado, here is Hutch, Vice Admiral of the YARR team: The Yulai Archives & Record Repository Team (YARR) is the most recent addition to ISD.

Read full post

Real Money Trading is bad, mkay?

By GM Grimmi
| Comments

Real Money Trade (RMT) in EVE has been a problem for a long time now. Those of us who have been in the Customer Support business since the beginning of EVE could tell you a lot of horror stories about the damages ISK selling and buying has resulted in to date, and still does. Almost all cases of keyloggers, phishing sites, hacking attempts, and the like, are directly attributable to real money trading. There are also the macro miners and mission runners, complex farmers and assorted rabble of th...

Read full post

Subscription 2.0

By CCP Hammer
| Comments

Here at CCP we care very strongly about our product, and we're constantly evaluating new paradigms and thoughtspaces in order to better realize our Total Market Potential. Our goal is to enhance the customer experience by offering new product channels and opportunities, allowing our customers to participate through selective transactional channels and fully realize their potential as Valued Income Partners – VIPs! Today we're announcing an exciting new service family, which we're calling "Subscr...

Read full post