Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for February 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen, start your engines.

By EVETV spiralJunkie
| Comments

The Fifth Alliance Tournament is just about ready to go, with team captains readying their teams to start the fighting next Friday. Rumors of teams practicing on the Test Server are rife, as well as talk of attempted bribes and offers to buy valuable slots in the event. EVE TV will be there for every single match, broadcasting everything live from our studio buried deep in CCP's basement.

Read full post

Quarterly Economic Newsletter, 4th Quarter 2007

By CCP Dr.EyjoG
| Comments

It is finally time for the second Quarterly Economic Newsletter (QEN), which covers the 4th quarter of 2007. In this issue we review the jumps pilots make within a certain period of time, the price level (is there still deflation?) and we put forward a new method of evaluating total production in EVE.

Read full post

Jump Freighters in Trinity 1.1

By CCP Nozh
| Comments

Hi there, With Trinity we introduced "Jump Freighters", ships designed to be the ultimate low security and 0.0 transport ships. As T2 hulls, they were only going to be available through invention and being capital ships, they were bound to be expensive. The initial idea was to make them like the normal T1 freighters but: With Jump drives 30% of the total T1 cargo capacity Increased hit points, a 20% increase across the board (hull, armor, shields) A bit faster and more agile Jump freighters were...

Read full post

The dustmen take to space!

By CCP Prism X
| Comments

Hey everyone! This is Prism X, EVE's database developer, with his first ever Dev Blog. I do not get to do many of these as most of my job revolves around the things behind the scenes, but I reckon there might be a second one someday. As CCP grows in size more and more people with database experience are drafted into our ranks and my focus thus shifts elsewhere where it is required.

Read full post

WHO'S JAMMING ME!!!

By CCP Tuxford
| Comments

Hi its Tuxford. This is my first blog in a long time, so please go easy on me as I'm a bit rusty. We've been tinkering a bit with the overview settings and personally I think it's all cool stuff, but you can judge for yourself. Better EWAR notification Our current EWAR notification is not good enough in my opinion.

Read full post

Planned Ship Balancing Changes

By CCP Fendahl
| Comments

As Zulupark mentioned in his recent blog we have also been looking into improving some of the less effective ships. Amarr Ships The Omen has long suffered from a lack of damage compared to the Maller even though the Omen is intended to focus on offense at the expense of defense.

Read full post