Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for January 2008

Amarr oomph and other similar words

By CCP Zulu
| Comments

A little backstory There have been a lot of requests (to put it mildly) and petitions to do "something" about the so called Amarr problem. Most of those are about Amarr not being competitive when it comes to damage output and therefore not a viable race to fly in PVP. The complaints There have been plenty of ideas for a fix put out there and I'm going to count out a few of them: Fix crystals Adjust the ratio of EM/Thermal in crystals to be Thermal heavier or at least 50/50 split Introduce Explo...

Read full post

A Rift in Spacetime Opens – A Glimpse into One Possible Future for Asteroid Belts

By CCP Chronotis
| Comments

A dramatic and appreciably ironic title for someone as aptly named as myself to talk about spacetime and a possible future for Eve. The reason for the title is that what follows in this blog and everything mentioned hereafter is purely speculative at the time of writing. We are at the very beginning of the process in Game Design and as such cannot stress enough that what I want to talk about; if and when this arrives on Tranquility, it may be in a vastly different form to that which I talk about...

Read full post

A Short Transmission on a Few Upcoming Changes

By CCP Chronotis
| Comments

The holidays are safely over for us all; the Earth having safely completed yet another orbit around the sun. Up in the land of ice and Vikings, we are gearing back up to work off all those mince pies in what looks to be a very interesting year. For the past few weeks the focus has been on bug fixing but not without a spoonful of balancing and timely changes to go with it.

Read full post

Live Dev Blog - Fiction – The writing on the wall

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

Fiction – The writing on the wall As usual the questions came from the players and our speakers answered everything they could, as long as it was about fiction. When talking to our speakers after the event we found out that they were really happy with how things went and the questions they got from Mindstar. Speakers t0nyG - Lead Writer Abraxas - Writer You can either listen to the recording in the flash player just below, or download it from here and listen to it in your own mp3 player.

Read full post

EVETV: Training 'Expert' to Level 5 (Rank 12 Skill)

By EVETV spiralJunkie
| Comments

As CCP Mindstar has already blogged about, the time for the Fifth Tournament is upon us, and with it, we're planning to bring EVE TV back to your screens. Streaming free coverage of the entire event from CCP's headquarters in Iceland, we'll show every match, as well as analyze, discuss, pick apart and congratulate the various teams. A few familiar faces will be returning to your screens, and the idea is to bolster their ranks by adding some new experts to the EVE TV team.

Read full post