Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for December 2007

Start your engines – The Fifth Alliance Tournament is just around the corner

By CCP Mindstar
| Comments

Greetings fellow pod pilots! After the recent months of hard work to bring you the Trinity expansion, we have finally had a bit of time to start putting our heads together and get the wheels of the Fifth Alliance Tournament moving. Under the watchful eye of GM Nova, the tournament committee of GM Xamother, CCP Fendahl, and CCP Mindstar (that’s me!) will be working to bring you the best tournament yet! Over the next few weeks we will be looking over the rules and points used in the last tournamen...

Read full post

Forum and Community Changes and Improvements

By CCP kieron
| Comments

In my last dev blog concerning the ISD team, I mentioned the internalization of the volunteer forum moderation team into the newly created Community Group, a team tasked with increased responsibilities. One of the primary responsibilities of the Community Group is the management of the forums. During the creation of the Community Group, the forum policies were reviewed.

Read full post

Live Dev Blog - Trinity, is it holy?

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

Trinity, is it holy? New this time was that we had a dedicated person asking the questions. This honor fell on Mindstar, but as usual the questions asked came from the players. Speakers Hammerhead - Lead Game Designer Zulupark - Game Designer You can either listen to the recording in the flash player just below, or download it from here and listen to it in your own mp3 player.

Read full post

EVE Voice Feedback

By CCP Zulu
| Comments

Now that Trinity has been released we've been monitoring the usage numbers of EVE Voice. We have to say that we're pleasantly surprised with the large number of players that have embraced this latest addition to EVE. We're now moving into a second development cycle with the new tools and we want to get your input on what we should focus our energy on.

Read full post

About the boot.ini issue

By CCP Explorer
| Comments

My name is Dr. Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson and I have been directing the EVE Online Software Group for the better part of this year. From my previous work experiences in the antivirus industry and following CCP for quite some time now, I have come to appreciate the need for full disclosure when things don't go according to plan. Shortly after releasing EVE Online: Trinity at 22:04 GMT on Wednesday, 5 December, we started receiving reports that the Classic to Premium graphics content upgrade was ca...

Read full post

Econ Dev Blog No. 3 - Some statistics on corporations

By CCP Dr.EyjoG
| Comments

Greetings all EVE pilots, This third Economic Dev blog presents statistics on corporations in the EVE Universe. The purpose is to give pilots a quick snapshot of the corporate population and some interesting numbers such as average tax rate and the type of ships pilots in NPC corporations vs.

Read full post