Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for October 2007

User interface and EVE Voice changes - Fun (and free) stuff inside!

By CCP Zulu
| Comments

So Trinity is rolling up, bearing with it a new graphics engine and freshly baked models for you to go "oooh" and "aah" over. But what else is there? Could it be that the user interface is getting a face lift? Could it be that we now offer excellent voice communication which functionality is fully integrated into that spiffy new interface? Why yes! Back up here a bit! UI in EVE? This all started out a few months ago when we set out to improve on the EVE Voice groundwork we had laid with our part...

Read full post

Meanwhile, back in the Exploration bunker...

By CCP Greyscale
| Comments

My secret objective for the Trinity expansion has been to add as many new features as possible, including some nifty Exploration-related mechanics, then write one huge dev blog about all of it and take credit for everyone else's work. So far, so good... (cue evil laugh track) New Complexes Here's a nice easy place to start us off – some of the Content guys have found the huge gaps in the list of DED complexes are disturbing their Feng Shui.

Read full post

Carriers, the Swiss Army Knife of EVE???

By CCP Nozh
| Comments

Hello, Most of you have probably read Zulupark's blog about the Carrier and Mothership changes we've been discussing here at the office, the feedback and next steps. We expected such a drastic change to result in a lot of feedback. We did not expect the requests to prematurely end dear Zulupark's existence in this universe, some of which were *very* imaginative and in more ways than we thought possible.

Read full post

New Tech 2 Ships for Trinity

By CCP Fendahl
| Comments

Trinity introduces four new classes of Tech II combat ships: Electronic Attack Ships, Heavy Interdictors, Black Ops and Marauders. The ships will be available for testing on Singularity this week, though the current models are not representative of the final ship modules once the graphics update is rolled out.

Read full post

Capital ships in EVE, what's up doc?

By CCP Zulu
| Comments

Hi, I‘m Zulupark and recently transferred from the Quality Assurance department to the Game Design team. I’ve been with CCP for just under two years now and don’t plan on going anywhere. Say hello to your newest balancer (I still haven't received a nerfbat though). I‘m posting here now because the last few days we‘ve been looking at the way capital and supercapital ships are functioning on Tranquility, and to be honest we‘re a little concerned with the direction it‘s taking. What we want is pret...

Read full post

Delivering Trinity

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

First an introduction, my name is 2Kay and even though I feel like I just started at CCP, I‘m already in the older half of the employees. I‘ve just been transferred to the EVE Group at CCP after working on various web and billing solutions before. I am here to talk about how we are going to deliver the Trinity patch and upgrade to your guys. Patch and upgrade? There will be two editions of the EVE client now, Trinity Classic with the old content, a more compact download which everyone will be ab...

Read full post

The Killmail Mk 1.5 Project

By CCP Garthagk
| Comments

The Killmail Mk 1.5 Project Today we talk about one of the features for the upcoming expansion: the Killmail Mk 1.5 project. Most of you will probably agree that the killmail system as it stands today is not the most robust of systems. Between sometimes "losing" mails to NPCs or sentries to being truncated off of the end of the mail, the time is ripe for a bit of work on this aging system.

Read full post

Invention Evolved

By CCP Chronotis
| Comments

We never stop evolving and improving systems, and here I want to talk about some changes happening in the major expansion due in November as announced by Oveur here which will affect the growing number of intrepid inventors out there. Solving Multiple Outcomes With invention, there can be more than one possible outcome, this leading to a random chance of a Tech II variant being produced.

Read full post

EVE TV Presents: News Clones

By EVETV spiralJunkie
| Comments

EVE TV is pleased to announce the formation of News Clones. News Clones is a subsidiary wing of the growing EVE TV family, designed to bring you more news from around New Eden. Stationing reporters and correspondents across the Galaxy means we can cover more events, investigate more stories, and offer a broader scope for news. But we need you.

Read full post

Live Dev Blog - EVE Fanfest 2007

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

EVE Fanfest 2007 Our speakers starts out with introducing themselves, what they do at CCP and how they are involved with the Fanfest. They then answered player questions taken both from a forum thread as well as from the in game channel. Speakers Darth Beta duckling Hectrix You can either listen to the recording in the flash player just below, or download it from here and listen to it in your own mp3 player.

Read full post