Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for September 2007

Econ Dev Blog no. 2 - Production of space ships

By CCP Dr.EyjoG
| Comments

Overview We are now to the second Econ Dev blog; this one focusing on the production of spaceships. To begin with, it is interesting to look at the total number of spaceships (as of September 2007) by race and category. Overall there are more than 3.6 million ships active in EVE. Caldari spaceships are by far the most popular ones with more than 1.2 million flying in space.

Read full post

Ambulation - Tactical Map functions

By CCP Eris Discordia
| Comments

Through the course of our work on Ambulation, we’ve come to realize the potential a Tactical Map could have when it comes to things like war planning, logistics and complex fleet movements. The Tactical Map would be a 3D holographic image of the universe. The difference between the Tactical Map and the F10 map is that the Tactical Map would allow interaction of multiple people simultaneously - with the expected moderator privileges, obviously.

Read full post

Live Dev Blog - Customer Support

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

Customer Support Our speakers starts out with introducing themselves, what they do in their job as senior Game Masters. They then answered player questions taken both from a forum thread as well as from the in game channel. Speakers Xamother - Senior Game Master Xhagen - Senior Game Master Retrofire - Senior Game Master Nova - Senior Game Master You can either listen to the recording in the flash player just below, or download it from here and listen to it in your own mp3 player.

Read full post

War is Divine

By CCP Ginger
| Comments

What, no factional warfare? The question on a lot of peoples lips for this patch, what about Factional Warfare? And rightfully so, considering it has been announced way back when the dinosaurs first inhabited the earth. So herein we shall attempt to explain why Factional Warfare isn’t in yet, what the status of it is and a little about what we're planning to do for it. Some background We'll start with a story.

Read full post

That November Expansion of ours

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

Today was a big day for us. The last major designs were finalized Friday, we went over the list of deliverables and risks of our upcoming (and, of course, free) expansion today. Now I can shed some light on what's coming in Revelations 3, because now we know. Edit note: This blog is only intended as a brief overview instead of having to wait for a webpage detailing it all.

Read full post

The Art of EVE – Headed For Your Coffee Table!

By CCP Hectrix
| Comments

Let me introduce myself, I‘m Hectrix, Oveur‘s partner in crime on the production side of things. As a producer I'm working on a lot of projects with CCP‘s partners such as Vivox, MMM Publishing, Transgaming and also our brethren in the CCP North America office.

Read full post

Econ Dev Blog - Market Overview For Mineral Markets

By CCP Dr.EyjoG
| Comments

An overview of the mineral market in EVE Online Introduction This is the first Econ Dev blog on the economics of EVE. We are heading into unknown territory since there exists no standardized measures on how to describe and analyze an online universe, or if indeed there is a need to have new tools to describe virtual reality.

Read full post

Live Dev Blog - Quality Assurance

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

Quality Assurance As usual the speakers introduced themselves and what they do here at CCP. They then answered the questions posted by players which included things like what QA does around patches and what's being done about desync and other issues as well as some things about testing in general. Speakers Ulfrr - QA boss Zulupark - Game specifics and EVE Voice Mandrake - Game specifics, pretty much everything Luzvel - Tutorial expert You can either listen to the recording in the flash player ju...

Read full post