Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for August 2007

The Night Before The Morning After

By EVETV Xyliana
| Comments

As I write this I can almost hear the crickets outside the studio window, at least I would be able to if the studio was elsewhere but in Iceland. But that's what working late does for you. It plays tricks on the mind. With less than 24 hours to go until EVE TV goes live for the first time this year, I can safely say that we're on track for what should be a great few days of spaceship pew pew.

Read full post

Alliance Tournament coverage... and beyond

By Zapatero
| Comments

It's been a long time since I penned a Dev Blog, and certainly a long time since I've had the chance to compose anything of substance. Happily today I can report in my dual capacity as E-ON magazine editor and EVE TV tea-boy.

Read full post

Interstellar Services Department – Past, Present and Future

By CCP kieron
| Comments

The Interstellar Services Department (ISD) team is a volunteer organization with a long history with EVE Online. Started back in the early beta days, the ISD teams have been providing vital assistance to the EVE Development team with duties including forum moderation, live events, quality assurance, new player greeting with help channel moderation and most recently, reporting of in-game events.

Read full post

More Balancing Changes for Revelations 2.2

By CCP Fendahl
| Comments

As promised in my previous blog, here is a follow-up with more balancing changes for Revelations 2.2. Starbase Battery Scan Resolutions Quite simply, the scan resolutions on starbase batteries are way too low. It currently takes more than one minute for a large battery to lock a dreadnought.

Read full post

A short saying oft contains much wisdom - Revelations III and you

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

We're all returning from summer vacations and getting back in gear. It's time for Revelations III preparations, the highlight of which is the rewrite of our graphics engine, Trinity 2. At the same time you will see the release of the visual update of all Ships, Stations, Stargates and Starbases. Our Need for Speed initiative is driving Revelations III and we've removed a small number of planned additions from this expansion to give us more time for improvements, optimizations and fixes for EVE's...

Read full post

4th Alliance Tournament

By GM Nova
| Comments

The fourth alliance tournament will be held at the 31st August. The rules are available here, and as you can see, have changed quite a bit from the last tournament. The Caldari Gaming Commission no longer hosts the tournament.

Read full post

The Miners' Cause

By CCP Chronotis
| Comments

Not just the title of an excellent thread on mining and its future by players, but now the title of this blog to introduce the much whispered and talked about addition to the asteroid fields of New Eden. This blog will finish by touching on many of the other changes coming to complement the arrival of this new industrial behemoth. ORE Capital Ship Outer Ring Excavations has been hard at work over the last year to answer the rising need for a logistical mining support platform capable of survivin...

Read full post