Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for July 2007

Revised Nosferatu Mechanics and Khanid mk 2 on the Test Server

By CCP Fendahl
| Comments

For Revelations 2.2 we are planning to revise the effect for Nosferatus and implement Khanid mk 2. As you may know, both changes are now out on the test server so you can try them out if you're interested. Juicy details below. Nosferatu Changes In their current implementation Nosferatus not only neutralize cap of the targeted ship, but also leeches energy for your own ship.

Read full post

Stackless Python 2.5

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

As you may well know, your favorite space-game owes its existence to the programming language Python and particularly, a variant thereof called Stackless Python. When EVE was released in 2003 it had version 2.1 under the hood and a year later we upgraded this to a brand new version 2.3, skipping version 2.2 in the process.

Read full post

Follow-up Blog: Bugs site improvements

By CCP Tanis
| Comments

Well as promised in my previous blog we have a slew more upgrades to the bug reporting system. based on your feedback and suggestions we have made the following upgrades, which are now live: Categories. There are now 6 basic categories that you can select to submit your bug report under.

Read full post

EVE TV and the 4th PVP Tournament

By EVETV Xyliana
| Comments

After reading dozens of applications and conducting almost as many interviews with potential experts and commentators, we've finally decided on the eight who will be flying out to Iceland to help us cover the Fourth PVP Alliance Tournament next month. Many thanks to all who applied. In some cases it was a close call on who to select, with the EVE TV crew almost coming to blows over the best applicants. Over the course of the broadcast I hope viewers will come to realise that we made the right ch...

Read full post

E-ON Awards, winners announced!

By Zapatero
| Comments

Since the beginning of the year, you have twice voted for who you think should receive an E-ON Player Award. In January the first round of ballot-rigging started, where you nominated six finalists in fourteen categories - all of those went through to the second stage a couple of months back.

Read full post

Third Party Development (and a new data dump!)

By CCP Garthagk
| Comments

Third Party Development One of the things that is fascinating to me about the EVE universe of players is how willing and downright capable many of you are to take matters into your own hands to create tools to enrich everybody's EVE experience. Between the guys at ICSC seeing a need for easy and accurate capital ship jump tools to the people responsible for the Matari Mineral Index and everybody else (EVEMon, the FFET team, ShipFit, the list goes on and on!), there are many EVE players who have ...

Read full post

Testing, Automation, Monitoring and Benchmarking OH MY!

By CCP Lingorm
| Comments

Following on from my mention in Tanis' blog I thought I would introduce myself and give you some more details on what I am doing here are CCP. I am the Team Leader for the newly established QA Engineering Team. So what does that mean? Well that is a very expansive question.

Read full post