Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for June 2007

More news from the testing pits

By CCP Tanis
| Comments

Boy Howdy! Well, I‘ve got a lot to cover, so I‘ll just jump right in. Bugs site and other improvements (zomg, moar!!!) We‘ve already pushed the feedback system for the bugs site live and we‘re very pleased with the initial results, but we‘re not stopping there. My plan is to constantly add to and improve on what we already have.

Read full post

Move over, Greenspan

By CCP Dr.EyjoG
| Comments

Greetings, capsuleers! Some of you may have read in various articles and interviews recently that CCP was bringing an economist on board to act as a sort of Alan Greenspan for the virtual world of EVE Online. That economist is me. So here comes a short intro and a bit about what I plan to do as a part of the EVE dev team.

Read full post

Of Outposts, Improvements, Upgrades and Dragons

By CCP LeMousse
| Comments

Well, maybe not dragons, but outposts for sure. And possibly upgrades. And improvements too. Before we start off, I recommend reading the devblog about sovereignty changes, since the new sovereignty levels are pre-requisites for the ability of modifying your outposts. With Revelations II deployed, we should see the first outpost upgrades happens within the next two to three weeks, thus making the information about these additions all the more needed. Let’s dive in, shall we. Upgrades? Improveme...

Read full post

Live Dev Blog - EVE TV and EON

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

EVE TV and EON Our guests introduced themselves and went on to answering the questions posted by players in the forum thread. All questions tonight was about EVE TV and EON. Speakers Xyliana - EVE TV Zapatero - EON You can either listen to the recording in the flash player just below, or download it from here and listen to it in your own mp3 player.

Read full post

EVE TV Weekly launches the 23rd of June!

By EVETV Xyliana
| Comments

Welcome everyone to the launch of the new weekly show on EVE TV. Some may have already heard rumors (or read in E-ON) about the return of what we started last year for the PvP Tournaments, however, now we've gone pro, the format has completely changed. We've assembled a new team for EVE TV...

Read full post

Building up your realm, one sovereignty at a time

By CCP LeMousse
| Comments

Hello everyone, I am here today to talk about one of the main features coming for Revelations 2, namely Upgradeable and Constellation Sovereignty. As you may already know, sovereignty is being expanded and revised, and while the nature of some of the changes is under constant review, here’s a comprehensive summary of their scope. Why? This is the first question that springs to mind; why the changes? This question is best answered or illustrated by explaining the changes themselves, but seeing as...

Read full post

Concerning the Recent Tranquility Connectivity Issues

By CCP Sharkbait
| Comments

Hi, We have been looking into the recent connectivity issues troubling Tranquility recently, in both the code and the network. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to find anything that would cause this. When players are disconnected from Tranquility, we see the same pattern repeated on Singularity.

Read full post

E-ON Awards ceremony cancelled

By Zapatero

It is with great regret that we have to announce the cancellation of the E-ON Awards ceremony that was due to take place on July 8th at The Bridge SE1, London. The Awards themselves have not been cancelled, just the ceremony. Much as it would be easy to cite a lack of interest, here is the truth behind this difficult decision.

Read full post

Balancing Changes for Revelations Two

By CCP Fendahl
| Comments

Hi. My name is Fendahl, a new member of the Game Design cell here at CCP. I have been working with TomB et al. on the sideline on balancing for over 3 years and joined CCP about 2 months ago. TomB, Tuxford, Nozh and I form the balancing team (a.k.a. the Nerftastic Four). Below are some of the items we have been working on for Revelations Two. Boost the Amarr!!!111elevenone Amarr have finally received some much needed attention.

Read full post