Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for May 2007

Live Dev Blog - Can you feel the Heat?

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

Can you feel the Heat? Our Devs introduced themselves and went on to answering the questions posted by players in the forum thread. All questions tonight was about an upcoming feature called Heat, but the Devs did manage to answer a bit about other things coming in Revelations 2 such as a bit about the Amarr. Speakers TomB Tuxford Nozh Fendahl You can either listen to the recording in the flash player just below, or download it from here and listen to it in your own mp3 player.

Read full post

E-ON Awards tickets now on sale

By Zapatero
| Comments

Oh, happy day! Tickets are now on sale for the E-ON Awards in London on July 8th for £59, (or rather $118, as the EVE Store doesn't do good old pounds or pence, for some reason). It promises to be a spectacular night and we've had a fair few meetings to discuss the audio/visual requirements and deciding what banners to hang up around the place for when the crowds come gushing through the door to see who won what, who failed miserably and what they actually look like in real life.

Read full post

IA investigation update: Three investigations concluded

By CCP Arkanon
| Comments

Hello everyone, We have concluded our internal investigation of the allegations levied against CCP Games. The following report details our findings in as much detail as company policies and the privacy rights of our customers allow. We apologize for the length of the blog, but there is much information to present in an effort to show these allegations for what they truly are. The investigations were launched as a result of a number of complaints brought to CCP's attention in a massive posting ca...

Read full post

In Da Starbase - A Warfare Revamp

By CCP TomB
| Comments

Today I'm about to tell a fairly pretty tale of what we have planned for the revamp of Starbase Warfare since it can be tested on our public test server to some degree. Since it was first released in Exodus we have had one expansion that had the biggest impact on the mechanic; Cold Wars and the Dreadnoughts.

Read full post

Hell is Freezing Ove(u)r, Revelations 2 is Coming

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

Today, we are Feature Freezing Revelations 2, which essentially means that programming are finishing their part of the Revelations 2 expansion and that we're entering a stabilization period, full testing, fixing defects and eventually of course, release! No more programming of new additions, we only fix what's already in from now on. How long stabilization will take depends on the testing effort, both internal and public, the defect status and of course the results of playtesting.

Read full post

The EVE API Project

By CCP Garthagk
| Comments

Þriðja bloggið mitt Translated: "My third blog." Reykjavik is great. The weather has been a balmy 5-10 degrees Celsius and beautifully sunny the past few days! I almost wore my shorts into the office today, but a bout of sensibility made me put on jeans.

Read full post

Live Dev Blog - EVE Backstory

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

EVE Backstory The dynamic content team introduced themselves and what they do. Explained a bit about the style and tone of EVE's backstory and fiction, and quickly went on to answering your questions. Speakers Gnauton - Story Editor Abraxas - Writer Eris Discordia - Dynamic Content Team Ginger - Events Coordinator You can either listen to the recording in the flash player just below, or download it from here and listen to it in your own mp3 player.

Read full post

War cannot be avoided; it can only be postponed to the other's advantage

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

I've seen a lot of discussion about some of the Revelations 2 improvements already rolling onto the test server. The discussions are of course mainly based on speculation, even to the extent that the wallet improvements will tilt the outcome of wars ;) This is of course understandable, we've been sparse on information until we've come closer to getting the first iterations implemented.

Read full post

Final round of voting for the E-ON Awards

By Zapatero
| Comments

The second and final stage of voting for the first ever E-ON Awards has at last opened and this time you'll find the process is much easier than it was before. That's because from the many hundreds of candidates that were nominated during the first phase, we've picked the top ones (as profiled in the latest issue of E-ON) - so you don't even have to type anything. Voting will close June 4th, 09.00 GMT, and the winners from each category will have their names put inside a golden envelope and read...

Read full post

The return of EVE TV

By Zapatero
| Comments

Whether you wish to call it 'The Next Generation', or 'Season 2' (or 3, or 4), or something else entirely (“Rip off! Sell-out!”), EVE TV is going all-out caps and making a return to the screen, and this time the guys behind and in front of the cameras will be bringing you a heck of a load more than just the bi-annual PvP Alliance Tournament. Now you may be wondering why I'm relaying this news to you and not someone from CCP.

Read full post

Live Dev Blog - Revelations 2 Ramp up

By CCP CAPSLOCK
| Comments

Topic Revelations 2 Ramp up Speakers Hellmar - CCP CEO Hammerhead - Senior Game Designer You can either listen to the recording in the flash player just below, or download it from here and listen to it in your own mp3 player.

Read full post

The Almighty Corporation

By CCP Atlas
| Comments

This is going to be a short blog. I'd just like to let you guys know what we're doing with corporation improvements for Revelations 2.0... Wallet Divisions This is the big one and it's already in on the test server (more or less, the UI is a bit understated atm). We will have one master wallet and 6 named wallet divisions (7 in all).

Read full post

The Cult of Immersionalism

By CCP Ginger
| Comments

Hello, I’m Ginger and I’m the events coordinator for CCP. Seeing as how writing a blog seems to be the cool thing to do nowadays, I thought I would take the opportunity to explain some things. First of all, what do I do? Well, I work alongside Abraxas, Eris Discordia and Gnauton in what is officially known as the Dynamic Content team, unofficially as the G-unit (don’t ask). We work with all storyline/fiction-related content, crossing over on many aspects but my main focus is co-ordinating and ru...

Read full post