Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for March 2007

Security, Third Party Sites and Your Information

By kieron
| Comments

We are aware that a former member of the EVE Community is continuing his vendetta of revenge and spite based on lies, half-truths and misrepresentations. Sadly, these most recent 'revelations' are hardly more than sensationalism concerning a staff member who left the organization over 3.5 years ago, and a case of mistaken identity.

Read full post

Missions, Exploration and Mini-professions Revisited

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

It was awesome to see all the feedback to the last blog about the mission proposal. We always say amongst ourselves that the moment the playerbase doesn't respond to changes, be that in an positive or negative way, will be the end. Apathy will be the death of us. So, in an attempt to summarize the 630 comments, these were your main concerns (and by all means, correct me if we're getting this wrong). You feel we are abandoning missions and PVE in general. This couldn't be further from the truth, ...

Read full post

Preaching to the Choir

By CCP SoniClover
| Comments

Good morning congregation, be seated. Today’s sermon speaks of the holy book, the EVE Bible. The EVE Bible only has one commandment, coined by the prophet Reynir Harðarson: "If it looks good, it is good." -Reynir Harðarson, very drunk at some party ca. 1999. The EVE Bible is the why’s-why and the what’s-what and the where’s-where on the EVE world – the history, the setting, the art, it’s all explained in nitty-gritty details here.

Read full post

Be the Head Janitor of EVE for a minute

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

Yesterday, interestingly enough, was Beer Day in Iceland. As a few of you might know, until March 1, 1986, beer wasn't allowed in Iceland. No, I'm not kidding about this! As a result, we tend to celebrate this day with, yes you got it, beer drinking. I had one for my "homies" but other than that, it was business.

Read full post

Statement regarding recent allegations of staff misconduct

By CCP Arkanon
| Comments

Hello everyone. This statement concerns the latest allegations published on forums of a hacker who has recently targeted CCP staff, boasting all the while that he’s doing EVE some sort of civil service by disrupting the lives of people that have done nothing wrong, not to CCP or him. I believe this latest attempt is his lowest and most pointless yet, serving only to cause needless grief to those involved and to earn him ‘celebrity’ status in internet circles, imagined or otherwise. The player kn...

Read full post