Dev Blogs

Archive

Viewing archived items for February 2007

The price of ISK...

By GM Guard
| Comments

Greetings EVE residents, The topic of this GM blog is the purchase and the selling of ISK for real life currency, commonly referred to as “ISK selling” or Real Money Trading (RMT). As most of you have heard, (and some have experienced first hand) buying ISK is forbidden.

Read full post

Contracts step 2: Make it usable

By CCP Atlas
| Comments

Revelations 1.4 is slated for release next month and we're making some improvements to the Contract System. We will not see any big new features in the system or a change in the fundamental way it works. What we will have, however, are some much needed improvements to the interface and usability (And no, we're not changing the region-scheme for Revelations 1.4). Here are some of the highlights in no particular order. Available Contracts List restructuring We're making some changes to the (Verbos...

Read full post

Eve Voice Testing

By CCP Sharkbait
| Comments

The EVE Voice Service is active on TQ, but access to it is currently 'invite only' for testing purposes. We want to begin load testing with approx. 10k participants next week, check for hardware compatibility issues and get first impressions/feedback from those involved in the test. Windows Vista users will be able to use the EVE Voice Service when Revelations 1.4 is deployed by end of March or when an optional patch is released. Throughout the week, we will be inviting corporations and alliance...

Read full post

My Agent EVE mailed me and wants to offer... WHAT?!?!?

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

For some reason, my brain has had the inclination to focus on designs today. As a result, we've been discussing agents and how to utilize the new functionality in the Exploration system that was added in Revelations. We're also overhauling the top 70 mission encounters in the first Need for Speed agent initiative.

Read full post

And today's winning Lottery Numbers are...

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

We think it's time. It's time to do what has been on the wishlist for a long time, removing the blueprint original lottery. It's not just that we have the Invention to replace it with but we think that with recent events, it's important that we move this transition up in priority. You have lost faith in the lottery and we should address that. This blog is to get your feedback, the opportunity to raise your concerns with Invention as the mother of all ...

Read full post

The GM Blog: Sharing is caring, unless it's account sharing

By GM Nova
| Comments

Dear players. I am GM Nova and I am a senior Game Master here at Customer Support. I am writing this blog because I feel that there is far too little dialogue between players and Customer Support. What I am going to do, in what I hope to be a series of blogs, is to go through some of our policies, the reasons behind these policies and how it affects players and the game when they are not followed.

Read full post

Need for Speed?

By CCP Tuxford
| Comments

Last week I talked to you about our need for speed initiative but you might have guessed I was not talking about Nanophoons. There have been a lot of talk on the forums lately about speed in general. What you may not know is that we here at CCP have also been having a lot of talk about it, we've even dragged our CMO into the discussions (I have a cunning plan where I can blame everything on marketing). The problem isn't just with Typhoons but rather we have sort of lost track of speed in general...

Read full post

There is light at the end of the tunnel (and it’s not the train)

By CCP Oveur
| Comments

EVE does not stop and it's my responsibility to ensure that the development of EVE doesn't stop either. After all, I don't want 160.000 players and over 200 developers and their families mad at me. :) As you can see below, quite a bit has happened since my last update and this is what we felt was of particular interest to you. - New Hardware - Optimizations and 1.3 - Revelations 1.4 - Revelations 2 - Who framed factional warfare? - What about something else than warfare? - Graphics Renovations, ...

Read full post

CCP's Director of Internal Affairs: An introduction

By CCP Arkanon
| Comments

Hello everyone. Permit me to introduce myself: I was an EVE GM and I have been working as such since shortly before EVE was launched. I have always been proud of the integrity we established in the GM department (which was masterminded by Hellmar, then CCP's Chief Technology Officer and now our CEO).

Read full post

Everything you wanted to know about advertising in EON (almost)

By Zapatero
| Comments

At MMM we’re in full flow with the next EON, which happens to be Issue 007, (although we doubt if there’ll be any references to the UK’s best-loved spy). Cover and content details should be up within the next few days, but in the meantime, since we’ve been receiving a few emails about how to advertise in the magazine, we thought it best to bring you guys up to date with the options available… If you would like to promote your corporation, alliance, service (including fan website, radio station, ...

Read full post

The Commitment

By CCP Hellmar
| Comments

Most recent events have given me an opportunity to clarify CCP’s official position on the subject of unethical behavior by persons in the service of CCP. Throughout our history, there have been a handful of cases where our employees or members of our various volunteer and partner programs have taken advantage of the proprietary powers they are granted through access and knowledge.

Read full post

On Recent Allegations

By CCP t20
| Comments

As you might have read and heard, there were recently some allegations posted regarding developer misconduct that basically come down to: Developers helping (an) alliance(s) gain information they otherwise would not have. Developers having an unfair advantage of game mechanics. Developers helping themselves acquire goods in-game by means of in-house tools, otherwise not available to regular players. All allegations mentioned above are untrue, except one.

Read full post

Software Development Practices at CCP

By CCP Redundancy
| Comments

WARNING: Highly technical geek-speak follows! Reading this may cause: itching, crazy hair days, an urge to wear a labcoat, or carry cutting edge technology products and as many pencils and pens as can fit in your pockets! Cells The software division at CCP currently stands at around 20 people, currently organized into 5 software cells: Core Technology Cell Graphics Cell Game Cell UI Cell Web Cell Core Tecnology: These are the people working on underlying systems in Eve.

Read full post